15

Iris's P. O. V.

"Jesse?" I asked. My heart was racing as I said his name.

"Hey Iris." He smiled.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked trying to stay calm. It had been over a year, but he still made me nervous.

"I came to get you back." He smiled trying to step in. I pushed his chest away and stepped outside with him, closing the door.

"Yeah, you're crawling back to me now that your girlfriend dumped you. Just like you did to me," I said angrily. I crossed my arms. I suddenly got a burst of confidence, probably from my anger that I had bottled up inside me.

"Look, I made a mistake with her. I only love you. You were always the only one. Lauren was just a distraction. I missed you so much." He tried to hug me but I pushed him away again.

"Yeah, you made a mistake, but it's too late. I've moved on," I said.

"What?" He asked as if his heart broke right then.

"Yeah, thanks to you actually. I met this guy and he got me started in making my own music. When he joined a band, I got noticed by a record deal and moved here. Now I'm dating one of his bandmates," I said smiling.

"How could you do this to me?"

"Me? Do this to you? You completely destroyed my heart after I had just had a death in the family."

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't handle the distance," he said his eyes filling with tears.

"You're an asshole." I walked back inside and slammed the door in his face. I locked the door, took a deep breath, and walked over to the couch.

I thought of who to call first, but once I remembered Jack and Zach were probably performing, I called Kayla.

"Kayla?"

"Hey, what's up?"

"I really need to talk to you. Are you busy?"

"No." I hung up and called her back on face time.

"What happened? Your face is so red."

"Jesse just showed up at my door begging for forgiveness. He said he came here to get me back."

"What did you do?"

"I told him how great my life was and slammed the door in his face," I said.

"Wow. Where'd that confidence come from?"

"Probably from the year of anger I had towards him that I never let out."

"I can't believe he flew all the way to California, though."

"I know. I don't know what to do, though. What if he comes back?"

"Have you talked to Jack or Zach?"

"They're either performing or sleeping," I told her.

"Maybe you could stay with Logan, if you're worried."

"Maybe. I'll talk to Jack and Zach later."

"I would call them tonight," she told me. I nodded and then it got quiet.

"I'll let you call him. Don't worry, I'm sure he won't come back."

I hung up and dialed Jack's number. He didn't answer. I dialed Zach's number next and it connected

"Hello?" He said in a raspy voice.

"Were you sleeping?"

"Yeah, but it's okay."