42

Zach's P. O. V.

I know Thanksgiving is supposed to be about family, but Iris really needs me right now. She tells me she's fine and that I don't need to worry, but her mom called me telling me that she had tried to kill herself. I couldn't just know that and not go see her. 

I told Jack I would fly out the Friday after, and I told him not to tell Iris. Unfortunately, he spilled the secret so now it's not a surprise.

I got off the plane at the airport and grabbed my luggage. I looked around for Iris until I saw her small figure running towards me. I dropped my suitcase just as she jumped in my arms.

We held each other tighter than ever. Neither of us wanted to let go. She pulled back from the hug, but leaned in and kissed my lips that were thirsty for hers. It felt amazing to feel her kiss again.

I put her back on the ground, but my arm never lost grip of her waist. No one knew I was coming, so there were just a few fans who happened to be there that asked for pictures. We made our way back to the car where Jack was waiting.

"Hey man," he said. We did our handshake as I sat in my seat.

"I'm so glad you flew out here. I'm sure your family is upset, though," Iris told me.

"No, they told me that I should come see you. It was mostly Reese who was upset, but it's okay. I just had to see you."

"Yeah." She sighed leaning her head on my shoulder. I kissed her head before resting mine on hers.

"Alright, get out," Jack said as he parked on the side of the street in front of Iris's house.

"Just kidding. Bye."

"Bye," we said as we got out of Jack's car and walked into her house.

Her parents welcomed us into the house with hugs. It made me happy that her parents were back together, because it made Iris happy.

Iris took me to her room where I dropped my suitcase and plopped on the bed with her. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close, craving the feeling of her body against mine.

"I've missed this," she told me.

"Me, too." It was silent for a minute. I kept thinking how I could bring up what she did.

"I-i need to tell you something," she stuttered.

"Oh, okay," I said. I still didn't know if I should tell her I knew. I doubt she wanted her mom to tell me.

She began to explain basically everything her mom told me. It hurt me to hear it again, but I tried to stay strong for Iris. I hugged her tighter as she continued.

"I'm just glad that you came." She finished with a few tears on her cheeks.

"It's all okay now Iris." I wiped the tears from her face.

"I just feel so guilty. I've never wanted to do that because I know how sad or mad it would make other people feel. Now I've done it twice," she said quietly.

"Hey, it's okay. You're still here, that's all that matters. And you're feeling better right?"

"Much better. I just can't be alone knowing you guys are across the country."

"We won't be for long. You just have to make it through a few weeks," I told her hoping it would help.

"I know. And I promise, I won't do anything like that again. It hurts me knowing that you guys are worrying about me. I don't want that."

Instead of answering, I just leaned down and connected our lips. I could never get enough of them. Kissing her felt like heaven, with incredible fireworks.

"I love you," I told her.

"I love you, too."

I lay there holding her tightly in my arms. I didn't want to let go for anything. If I could, I'd stay here with her forever. I don't need anything except for her.

She rolled on top of me, and we were looking deeply into each other's eyes. When I looked down at her lips, I saw a big smirk.

She put her hands in my hair pulling at the ends as she smashed her lips on mine. The kiss deepened as our tongues went in and out of our mouths. We both quietly moaned. I grabbed her waist tightly as she moved her lips down to my collarbone, definitely leaving a mark.

                              ***

Iris's P. O. V.

The weekend with Zach went differently than I had expected, but it was amazing. We just stayed home cuddling in bed and making out like all the time.

When we got to the airport for him to leave, I couldn't let go of him. I was either hugging him, holding his hand, or kissing him. He was doing the same.

Zach went and sat on the bench waiting for his flight. When I walked towards him, he motioned me to sit on his lap, so I did. He had one arm around my waist and he held my thighs with the other.

"I hate saying goodbye." He pouted.

"Me too. But we'll see each other in a few weeks."

Zach and his family had invited the guys and their families to his house for Christmas. Zach said there was no question as to if I was invited.

We waited a while longer until Jack and Zach's flight was called. We stood up and hugged. After I hugged Zach, I reached up and kissed him, letting my lips linger for a second before connecting them again. I pulled away, letting him go.

"Bye," I called.

"I love you baby," Zach said.

"I love you too," I told him.

"I love you more!" Jack shouted making us all laugh.

I waited until I couldn't see them anymore before walking back to my car and driving back home.

I have three weeks until I get to see them again. Let's hope I can make it that long.

                                 *****