57

Iris's P. O. V.

"Okay, while we're here let's get stuff for Dani tomorrow," I said as Jack led me into the mall.

"What should we get him?" Jack asked. Just then a small group of girls came running up to us. We took pictures and talked to them for a few minutes.

"Can you give this to Daniel for his birthday?" A little girl, she was probably around seven years old, asked handing me a gift bag.

"Have you just been carrying this around all the time?"

"We just bought it and got lucky that you were here," she said with a cute smile.

"I'll make sure he gets it. What's your name?" I asked.

"Kasey," she told me.

"Nice to meet you, Kasey."

"Thank you so much, I love you and all the guys. Especially Daniel."

"He loves you, too."

I gave her a hug and got on my knees to take a picture with her for her mom. Then I waved goodbye to her and the girls who were talking to Jack, before we walked on.

"I love seeing little kids who look up to you guys. It's so sweet" I said.

"Same. When little kids come to meet and greets, I just freak out and I never want to let them go. I always think of Isla when I'm talking to them." He smiled.

"I'm sure it's hard for both of you to be away for so long."

"Definitely. Before we made the band official, she was the one thing that might've held me back. But she told me to follow my dreams, so I did."

"She's so sweet. You guys have the cutest brother and sister relationship ever."

"Cuter than Zach and Reese?"

"Oo, I don't know. You're both pretty cute with them, and Isla and Reese are the cutest girls in the world. So I don't know."

We walked into a store that Daniel always shopped in. I had Jack help me look for some shirts to get him. We kept looking around and decided to also get a few beanies for him.

We then went to the food court and got some lunch. We sat at a table that was immediately swarmed by teens. We got requests for videos, pictures, autographs, and we were given multiple presents for Daniel.

"We love you guys so much!" We said before making our way to the front of the mall, our hands and arms full of bags of presents.

Before we went home, we stopped by a small store and got decorations for Daniel's last minute surprise party the next day. Last minute because Jack and I just decided we'd do it.

When we got home, we ran up to my room and hid the bags in my closet. Then Jack went and told Jonah and Corbyn about our birthday plans, while I found Zach. I looked all though the house, but eventually found him outside riding his hoverboard with Daniel.

"Did you get me a good birthday present?" Daniel asked.

"Unless you want makeup, then no," I said pretending I didn't get him anything.

"Rude," he commented. Zach rode over to me and stopped right in front of me.

"You're too tall now, how am I supposed to kiss you?" I asked looking at our size difference now that he was almost a foot taller.

"Get on with me," he said.

"You're crazy," I said taking his hands anyway and attempting to get my feet on the board with him.

"Look at that, it worked," he said as we slowly moved. He leaned down and kissed me, but quickly pulled away as we started moving forward.

"How is this working?" I asked holding onto Zach as tight as I could.

"I don't know, but it won't work for long," he said. I held my grip tighter as I stepped off, and so did Zach. I wrapped my arms around his neck for a hug, and he lifted me up off the ground. I wrapped my legs around him and smiled at him.

"Now you can definitely kiss me." He smirked. I leaned in and kissed his perfect lips.

"Gross. I'm going inside," Daniel said, but we ignored him. Nothing could come between our lips at that moment.

                                      ***

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Daniel, happy birthday to you!" We sang just before Daniel blew out his candles.

The surprise party had gone perfectly so far. We set everything up while Jonah took Daniel to Logan's house. We had invited Aspen, Atallia, David, Ayla, Lydia, Logan, and the other guys.

When Logan, Jonah, and Daniel got back to the house we waited for them to come in, then shouted and scared Daniel. He took a few moments to thank us for the party, then we went straight to cake.

We all grabbed slices and ate while talking to each other.

"Ready for your presents?" I asked once everyone finished.

"I have presents?" His eyes got wide like a little kid. We went into the living room and I went upstairs to get my present, and all the gifts from the fans.

"Jack and I got a lot of stuff from fans yesterday at the mall," I said as his eyes got even bigger after seeing all the presents.

He opened them one by one revealing what was inside. Some were drawings, some had shoes or hats, some even had watermelon.

"It's been like 9 months and they're still giving you watermelon." Zach laughed.

Finally, Daniel got to the presents from each of us. Most of it was clothes and stuff, but the guys had bought him a drone to replace the one that Jonah had broken by accidentally flying it into the pool.

"Thank you so much," Daniel said getting up and giving everyone a hug.

"Oh, wait. I have one more present for you."

"Oh, okay." He sat back down. I went into the front room and got my present for him. I was so excited to see the look on his face. I pulled out my phone and began recording as I brought out my present.

"Kayla?!!!" Daniel asked, quickly standing up.

"Hi babe," she said before running and jumping into his arms.

"Happy birthday," she said as he spun her around.

"I can't believe you're here!" He said before kissing her.

"Best present ever." Aspen smiled.

"They're so cute." Atallia cooed.

                             *****

A/n

I am so truly very sorry for not updating before now, I'm so behind omg.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 51K!!!! ITS INSANE I LITERALLY FEEL LIKE CRYING THIS IS AMAZING!!! I love all of you and I'm glad you all like the writing I'm sharing with you!!!

I hope you liked this chapter, and I promise to be more consistent with my chapters, it's just a lot with school rn.