22

Zach's P. O. V.

I stood and ran up to Iris's room as fast as I could. When I got to her room, I was out of breath, but I didn't care. I saw Iris laying in her hospital bed. I went inside and sat next to her. She looked over at me right as a tear fell down my cheek.

"How are you feeling?" I asked holding her hand that didn't have the bandages on it.

"Scared and hurt, but I'm better now that you're here." She smiled.

I leaned over and pecked her lips before sitting back down.

"Did they tell you what happened?" She asked.

"Not all of it."

"Oh. Well, Jesse knocked you out with a baseball bat. He uh pulled out a knife and almost stabbed you, but I jumped on him and threw him away from you. We fell to the ground and he stabbed my leg. I yelled 'call 911' because I knew David was still on the phone, then I reached for the bat to keep it from him, but he got it first. I took the knife out of my leg and stood up.

"He started saying how he wanted me to love him like I love you, and I told him I would just so he would leave us alone. He was about to drop the bat and another knife he pulled out when the police burst through the door. I dropped my knife, but he stabbed me in my side before jumping through the window, breaking all the glass and sending it towards me. I had cuts all up my arms, legs, and back, but they got all the glass out."

"Iris, I'm so sorry that all this happened to you."

"It's not your fault, Zach." She placed her hand on my cheek.

"I'm just glad that you're okay." I smiled before kissing her again.

I sat in the chair next to her bed and held her hand, rubbing circles with my thumb.

"Can I talk to Iris?" Jack asked knocking on the open door. I nodded and kissed her lips before walking out and going back to the waiting room.

"Is she okay?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, she's fine, just scared," I told him.

Iris's P. O. V.

Jack sat in the chair that Zach had pulled up and grabbed my hand.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He breathed out. "I was going crazy. I didn't know what happened to you."

"I'm fine now. Jesse is taken care of. We'll be fine now," I told him.

"I just wish I could've been there to stop him."

"Zach was there to stop him and he got hurt. You would have been, too. I don't want you guys risking your lives for mine."

"Iris, we'd all do anything for you. Even if you don't want us to, we'll always be there to stop you from getting into danger."

I sighed and we sat in silence until I broke it. "Thanks."

Jack kissed my forehead, then told me to get some rest, before walking out with his hands in his pockets.

I took a few deep breathes, before unexpectedly falling asleep.

Zach's P. O. V.

"Jonah, come here," I said standing up and walking away from the others

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just want to make sure that Jesse is taken care of," I said.

"Didn't the police get him?"

"Yeah, but I don't know what they're gonna do to him."

"So you want to go to the police station?" He asked reading my mind.