26

Iris's P. O. V.

I didn't know where I was going, I just knew I had to get out of there. Away from everything. I ran through the streets as tears streamed down my face.

I knew better than to believe what she had said about her and Zach. Obviously she was just crazy about him and would do or say anything to take him away from me. That's what I had hoped anyways.

My tears were soon mixed with raindrops as it started to pour. I kept walking as I passed closed restaurants or shops. Eventually, I found a small coffee shop and ran inside. I sat down in a booth and dropped my head in my hands.

"Hello, how can I help you?" A waitress asked.

"Oh I'm not getting anything. Thank you though." I smiled as she walked away.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and it immediately started buzzing. Zach was calling, then Jack, then the rest of the boys including Eben. I turned my ringer off, not wanting to talk to any of them. All I could hear was Jazmine yelling at me, telling all those lies about Zach. I couldn't take it anymore, I didn't wanna hear it. Eventually, I went back outside.

It was still pouring outside, but I kept walking. It was hard to see anything two feet in front of me. The rain pounding down on me felt amazing. I kept walking and soon the rain let up a bit. It was still raining a lot, but I could actually see.

I crossed multiple streets. I was officially lost. Not that it mattered, I wasn't gonna go back anyways. I couldn't go back and deal with David favoring Jazmine.

"Iris!" Someone yelled from behind me. I turned around to see Zach running up to me.

"I don't want to talk Zach," I said turning back around and walking again. I almost slipped in a puddle, but I quickly regained my balance.

"Nothing ever happened between Jazmine and I. I can't believe I had to say that," he said, still following me.

"You didn't have to, Zach. I didn't believe her, but she still pissed me off. I just needed to clear my head. I'm fine, Zach. Go back to the bus before David sends a search party." I wiped the tears from my eyes and walked further. He ran up behind me.

"Iris, stop." He grabbed my wrist and turned my around. I stepped back from him.

"What?" I felt like I was gonna burst into tears again at any second. "I'm not gonna stay away from her like I'm the problem. She's the one who's ruining everything. She's insulted me and my family just because she likes you, but does David say anything to  her? No! So I don't want to go back right now." I exhaled, trying to calm down.

I looked at his face and saw that he had been crying, too. His eyes were red and puffy. The look in his eyes told me that he was sorry for everything and wanted to fix it, he didn't even have to say it. I felt terrible. He feels like this is his fault. Just looking into his sad eyes made me forget what Jazmine did. All I could think about is what I did to him. I hurt him.

"Please just come back to me," he said softly, sounding like he would cry at any moment. My heart either melted or it broke, I couldn't tell the difference. I just knew that I hurt him. It was all my fault.

We stared into each others eyes, our chests quickly rising up and down. Tears and raindrops were still streaming down our faces as we both jumped at each other, smashing our lips together.

I tasted the rain on his lips as they melted together. My hands tangled into his wet, messy hair as the kiss deepened. Our hearts pounded against our chests. I could feel sparks fly as we continued.

He pushed me up against the brick wall, closing any gap between us. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. Our tongues explored each other's mouths as if it were the first time.

We pulled away, both of us gasping for air. I rested my forehead on his as a smile formed on my lips. I stared into his eyes that were now full of love.

"I love you. I really really do. You're the only one I love," he whispered.

"I know baby. And I love you more." I pecked his lips before resting my for head on his again. We rested in that position for what felt like hours.

"Let's get back to the venue. We'll go to the hotel, and then tomorrow you'll go back to Pennsylvania and never have to deal with Jazmine or this tour ever again," he told me.

"Okay." I sighed. He set me down before he wrapped his arm around me. We walked back to the venue enjoying the pouring rain.

As we walked back, the rain started to slow down even more until it was just sprinkling. Zach and I walked in a peaceful silence, just enjoying the feeling of the other's presence.

"Oh my gosh! You guys are soaked! Zach you're gonna get a cold, get inside now!" David yelled as we walked up to the bus with the lights on.

"Okay mom." He rolled his eyes. We walked into the bus and David took Zach away, giving him a towel and some dry clothes.

"You okay Iris?" Daniel asked. He gave me a towel and wrapped it around my shoulders since David only got one for Zach.

"I'm fine, I just don't want to talk about it," I told him walking to the back of the bus. Zach and I changed into some dry clothes and sat on the couch in the back.

"I'm sorry. About Jazmine."

"It doesn't matter anymore."

"But what she said about you. It hurt me to hear her say that."

"Zach let's just forget about it. Okay? I don't want to think about her anymore."

"Okay. Fine with me." He pulled me onto his lap as he lay down on the couch. I pulled the blanket over us as I lay down, testing my head in the crook of his neck.

I caressed his cheek with my thumb and kissed his neck over and over again.

"I just want to go home and be with you. Forever," he whispered.

"I feel the same way," I told him picking my head up and leaning in for a kiss.

                                   ***

"I'll see you in a few days," I said to the five guys standing in front of me at the airport. They all gave me a hug, pretending to wipe fake tears.

"I love you," Zach said wrapping his arms tightly around me.

"I love you, too." I gently pressed my lips on his, immediately feeling the sparks.

"Bye guys." I waved to them as I strolled my suitcase down the hall.

I looked back and saw Jack and Zach still pretending to wipe tears. I cracked a smile and waved at them right as Jonah pointed the phone at me. I blew a kiss, laughing, and walked away.

                                     *****