44

Iris's P. O. V.

Reese and Isla banged on the door before running in and jumping on Zach and I.

"Wake up! Wake up!" They shouted shaking us until our eyes opened.

"You guys are the last ones awake!" Isla shouted

"Wake up so we can open our presents!" Reese yelled shaking us again.

We groaned and slid out from under the blankets. Zach reached for my hand pulling me to him and kissing me.

"Merry Christmas," he said.

"Merry Christmas." I smiled.

We followed the girls down the stairs, finding everyone sitting around the chairs in their Christmas PJ's.

"Pass out the gifts and we'll get started," Myta said. Soon the floor was covered in wrapping paper or tissue paper.

We all eventually gravitated to the kitchen where Zach's dad had made breakfast. We cracked jokes and talked about Christmas memories.

As the day came closer to an end, everyone began packing up to go home. Instead of everyone's families staying for the New Years celebration, it would only be Jack and Zach's families and I.

We left Zach's house for the airport at around five, so we got back at seven.

Everyone went out for dinner, but Zach and I went home afterwards while the rest went to walk around the city.

He took me up to his room where we sat facing each other on his bed. We talked for a few minutes, but pretty quickly we reached for each other and connected our lips. He slipped his tongue in my mouth. I could tell that he wanted to go further, so I pulled away.

"My present wasn't just the cologne and the pictures of us," I said my breathing heavy.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I'm ready, if you are."

"Like ready for..."

I nodded as a blush formed on my cheeks.

"Perfect." He smiled. I slowly fell back on the bed pulling him on top of me by his shirt.

He pressed his lips to mine, immediately creating a spark. I felt him grinding his hips on me. He reached for the bottom of my shirt, and I pulled it off, making him do the same with his.

Instead of our lips connecting, he put his lips on my neck sucking on the skin. Pretty soon we were naked underneath the sheets.

                             ***

Zach and I were cuddled underneath the blankets.

"I'm gonna shower," I said beginning to slide out of bed.

"I'll come with you." Zach smirked. I blushed as he followed me into the warm shower. Our wet bodies pressed against each other as we kissed, soon it went further.

Just as we had finished and were getting out of the shower, we heard Zach's bedroom door open.

"Shit," Zach cursed.

"Zach? You in there?" Jack knocked on the door.

"Yeah, I'm getting out now," he called.

"Where's Iris?" He asked making both of us tense.

"I'm not sure. Maybe you just missed her. Hold on a second." Zach threw on his clothes and opened the door just enough for him to fit through.

I heard their voices stop and Zach's door close. I took that as my opportunity to get dressed and walk out there. As I closed the door behind me, Jack walked back in.

"Wasn't Zach just in there?" He asked pointing at the bathroom.

"Huh?"

"Oh, I see what's going on here," he said smirking at me and then looking back at Zach.

"What do you mean? Nothing's going on."

"Right. Well I'm sleeping in here tonight, so what happened in the shower, stays in the shower," he said making us both hard core blush.

Myta and Kristin came in saying goodnight. Zach and I got in bed while Jack put down blankets and pillows on the floor.

                              ***

"What should we get?" Zach asked looking at the many shelves in front of us. Myta had given Zach and I the task of buying all the fireworks for tonight. We had to drive pretty far to find them.

"Let's just buy some of those big packages with a ton in them." I shrugged.

"Okay." We started looking at the big packages and picked a few. We made sure to get sparklers and other small ones for Reese and Isla.

We paid and went back to the car. The weather had gotten pretty cold for Texas. There weren't any chances of snow, but that was proved wrong on the way home.

Snowflakes started to fall one after another hitting the windshield.

"It's snowing!!" Zach shouted with a huge smile on his face.

We both watched as the snowfall picked up. We both became confused and worried when it became hard to see.

"Why is it snowing so much? It was almost completely clear yesterday," Zach pointed out.

I started looking at the weather apps on my phone, and soon messages from Kristin and Myta popped up.

"How far from home are we?" I asked Zach looking at Myta's messages.

"Like forty five minutes." He sighed.

"Your mom says we need to pull over somewhere and sit it out," I told him.

"I can barely see anything," he told me. We drove slowly trying to find a place to pull over.

We could barely see, but the bright lights of a diner sign caught our attention. We carefully pulled across the road and parked. We were definitely not dressed for a snowstorm, so we got out and ran inside the diner.

There were a few people in booths and the regular waiters or waitresses. We could overhear their conversations, all about the weather.

We sat next to each other in a booth, scooting close trying to warm each other up.

"Trying to get out of the storm?" An older lady asked walking up to our table.

"Yeah, it was totally unexpected," Zach told her.

"Well how about some hot chocolate to warm you kids up?" She asked with a smile.

"Sure. Thank you." She gave us a smile before walking off.

"My mom says it may be a few hours before it stops, and she doesn't know if the roads will be open," Zach said.

"So we could be stuck here for tonight?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, we had no idea."

"No, it's okay. It'll be my most interesting New Years Eve." I laughed.

It got quiet and we heard the tv in the corner. The news reporters said the storm wouldn't stop for a few hours. We'd be stuck here for tonight, because the roads will be closed.

                          *****

A/n

Sorry I didn't update last night!! Ugh. I hope you liked this chapter, though!!

21k!?!?!?? Whattttt!?!?!?!? I can't even process that many people reading my story. Thank you so so much!!