Avengers

Tony sat in his chair bouncing his foot up and down, in anxiety. He waited for Fury like the rest of the team. 

"We caught wind that a man might have Peter, coordinates have been given-

"Then what are we waiting for?" Steve asked a question Tony had pondered.

"Word is he's dead." Fury said sounding off, almost sad, but that wasn't it. It couldn't be Fury was heartless-

"Dead?" Tony repeated feeling his heart shatter. "What are the coordinates?" Tony asked standing up already ready to fight the son of a-

"Tony I can't have you going in there not thinking st-"

"Think of the kid, Fury! You're wasting valuable time, because, what, you think I'm not thinking straight?" Tony argued ready to hack the system for the information if need be.

Fury frowned at Tony, maybe cause he had a point, he was wasting time, but truth be told, he didn't want Tony be the one to find the boy's dead boy if that was deal.

---

God didn't exist, and if he did he was cruel. 

Peter locked eyes with a very beaten up Tony Stark. 

"Hey, Hey, We're here to save you buddy." He spoke and Peter stood silent, not having any words for it.

"Peter?" Steve Rogers said walking up behind Tony Stark, he looked equally beaten up, it was too real, but Peter knew better, and kept his mouth shut. "Are you alright?"

"You're seeing them again aren't you?" A more comforting voice said. It wasn't comforting because it was good, but because he knew this voice was real, he knew that it wasn't a figment of his imagination.

His captor loved talking as of late, and Peter didn't know if he liked the quieter version that only like dead silence or screams fill the space around them. 

A knife thrown into his shoulder snapped him from Clint Barnes who was trying to talk to him.

"Yes you are." The man said with a wide smile. "You know, I think that's my favorite torture method. And I don't even have to do anything. Just sit back and watch your mind fuck with your head." He said throw another to knife at his leg, and again it was met with a scream.

If Peter didn't know any better, this man didn't care anymore. At first this man was carefully, not wanting a certain amount of blood to come out, careful to not say anything, and was precise with he  methods, now the man did a full 360 and talked a much as he could complaining about the government, cut Peter till he bled enough to pass out, and did everything at random. It's like the guy was doing it for fun now, there was no reason, like-

Then he realized, this might be the end.

He sighed in relief, it would all be over soon.

----