Thor

Thor had been aware that he had been amiss for extended period of time. And it didn't please him that he had been gone so long while his friends were looking for fellow friend.

But his Hemidall had been hard to track. And the thought worried him that Hemidall couldn't hear, nor see him calling out.

---

Thor landed a bit to hard on the lawn of compound, not paying mind to the easily fixable, now, holed grass underneath his feet. Not when he needed to check on his young friend.

"Natasha!" Thor exclaimed as he saw the woman in the living area. Not them all, they rarely did that any more, but he didn't know that did bit of a fact. "Heimdall has shared the grand news of the young warriors retuned!" Thor spoke with hope, and eyes shone brightly in search of only the greatest news. He knew something was amiss when Heimdall wouldn't tell him of the boys nature, no matter how many times Thor asked of his well being.

Thor stopped in his strides as he saw Natasha's expression, though she was a difficult warrior to read, he had grown to learn her ways through out his time with his fellow Avengers. She looked too vacant for there to be good news.

"May- May I see him?" Thor asked hearing himself stutter, and felt his heart clenching with worry. 

Natasha stood from her place on the piece of furniture and nodded.

"He's in the kitchen with the boys." She said and stalked off, with him in pursuit, she stopped in her stride to turn her head to him. "It's good to see you." She spoke in a tender voice, and Thor smiled in gratitude.

"And you as well, Natasha, I have miss you all!" Thor spoke, trying to keep his voice hushed, seeing that Natasha was visibly keeping her voice softer than her normal voice.

She smiled, no doubt that he caught on, and he was happy that he did too, finding pride in being able to catch on.

He strolled into the kitchen and took in a visibly exhausted Stark talking to-

The boy in front of him was- was he not the Man of Spiders?

No, of course the body in front of him was, only it seemed as those it was a skeleton of the boy. He was much to thin for a warrior, no much to thin for growing boy.

The locks of the boys head had grown longer and were a bit dry. 

His features were sunken into his face. His eyes spoke stories that only some of the bravest warriors could continue to live through. They gave off none of the joy, youth, or delightfulness they held once, no matter how the expression was mocked on his face as he spoke to Clint, it was as if Beowulf, or someone worse, stole the light they once held.

It tore his heart, he had seen that in many warriors, and in Loki at times when he let his guard down.

"Man- Peter-" Thor watched as the boy, because he was merely a boy,  turned to face him and widen his eyes. He saw the spark of confusion in them, before an expression of relief and longing   transformed his face.

"Thor!" He voiced, and hesitantly walked to him, Thor didn't hesitate to embrace the boy, though he could see the child was puzzled on what to do. but accepted the embrace with no qualms.

"I have missed you, Young One." He confessed as he held tight to the small boy, who felt much too thin- if possible thinner than he looked.

"I missed you too, buddy." Thor kissed the boys forehead, knowing the boy needed more affection, no doubt endearing to much pain. It always helped when his mother would calm them.

----

Though Thor didn't know, the team was grateful, it had been the first time Peter hadn't held back in telling the truth, or in holding in his emotions, not since they had told him the, unfortunate, news of May's passing. He had been doing good with the therapy, but ultimately relapsed at the news.

He had holed up in his room for five days, before they had to drag him out to eat. and the three days that followed he tried to pretend he was fine. But they could see it was all too much.

So when Peter subsequently broke in Thor's arms and began to sob, none were surprised.

Thor offered the team a small nodded in greeting, before he  carried Peter off.

----

Thor almost went into the Young Ones room seeing as it was a place of comfort, but decided against upon seeing the state of the room. He didn't question it, but felt sorrow for the child.

He instead went steadfast to his own room, though it wouldn't be familiar, it would offer him more comfort than the room he had.

He silently thanked the brilliant computer, JARVIS, for dimming the usual brightly lit lights.

Held the child and sat, as he cried in his lap. Thor didn't mind waiting patiently for the child to stop, offering comforting words. Though it was clear they were falling deaf in his ears. Until...

"I-It's not that- Not, not, just that, at least." The boy spoke and Thor looked puzzled.

"What else troubled you, young one?" Thor questioned, lost in what more could come in this innocent boys happiness.

"M-May- Sh-She." He trembled as he spoke and Thor was angered that the gods allowed for this to happen.

"Take your time as you must, I shall wait here a thousands moons if I must.But you need not to tell me now." Thor said and the boy nodded, and gulped, before sighing.

"May, died." He spoke, sometime later when his trembling slowed, voice cracking very much within those two words.

And Thor, was at a loss for words. He knew Peter had loved and cared for his Aunt very much so.He'd speak highly of her whenever they got to together and spoke of their cultural differences and the fundamentals of this realm.

He stayed silent to take in the information, for them both to, as it seemed that Peter was reliving being told for the first time, or maybe expressing it aloud seemed to make the fact more real.

After more time he finally spoke, hoping to help.

"You know," He cleared his throat, and adjusted the two of them. "The many times my brother died, I mourn his death, each one felt as though a piece of me had fallen and perished along him. The feeling never deterred as the number of times he faked his death." he cleared his throat and restarted. "I mean to say, that the pain will hurt, immensely, to those of us who do not suffer that dreadful fate. and I fear it may never go away- My mother was always better at these talks." Thor excused himself.

"Aunt May was bad at this too, sometimes she was good, but most of the time she was just as lost, Uncle Ben had always been better." Peter barely breathed out as he cried, much late.

And from there, Peter told tales of his time with May, and Ben, while Thor listened to the boy who started to sound tired, though his voice held more light then when he had been in the kitchen earlier that night.

After hours, Thor sat up and laid the boy to rest, or the two of them, seeing how the young spider cringed onto him. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't rescue you any sooner." Thor said assured that the boy was asleep, but was surprised when he heard the boy mutter a small, 'wasn't your fault'

---