Chapter 10: Well then......

Before I had responded a commotion erupted outside the door in the hallway, which earned a growl from Carter. He protectively stood in front of me as he assessed the threat. Not knowing what was on the other side, if it was my father, I let him. Joya burst through the door and ran as quickly as she could to get to me when Carter placed his hand in front of him and motioned for her to stop which royally pissed me off once I realized there was no threat.

"I'm not a damn China doll you idiot. Plus, she is my best friend. Get the hell out of my way." I yelled.

I pushed him out of my way not meaning to cause such force but accidentally made him trip over the bed side table and break his own lamp. I didn't care if I hurt him honestly, even though it was an accident. I actually found it humorous. If it wasn't for the situation we were in, I would've laughed. I embraced her in a hug and immediately felt the worry and tension release.

She pulled back and I seen the tears in her eyes. "You didn't come home and you know me, I became hysterically worried. You hadn't answered your phone. So, I went by your work and they said you had passed out and here. I drove as fast I could. I was scared that he found you. Why did you faint, are you not feeling well? I should get you home." she spoke rushed and panicked.

 I hugged her again as tightly as possible to assure her that I was okay.

"Yes, she is fine and the doctor said that she was just exhausted and needed to rest some." Carter said, still surrounded by the glass from the broken lamp.

"When did a doctor come?"

"Well, while you were passed out obviously." Carter shrugged.

When Joya realized he was still in the room, she pulled away and went over to the mess I caused when I pushed him aside. She got on her knees and started picking up the glass. She was just that type of person, motherly almost. Carter reached down to help her up and tell her that he would get someone in  to clean it up but the second his hands were on top of hers, his thoughts disappeared.

"Mate" they said in unison.

I stared at them in disbelieve, as they stared at each other with the same quizzical look I had. Truth is, at the time, I felt left out. She was mine. He was mine. I was theirs? They were mine? I don't know how that happened. I mean how could he have two mates? Why was it me and Joya? I mean sure, she isn't my mate but she is mine. I stood there onlooking awkwardly. Carter reached out for my hand as Joya did and pulled me into their circle. For the first time in my life I felt whole and complete.

Then, realization hit me. I was being hunted. I was in danger. The people in front of me were in danger and so was the whole pack. Nothing was ever going to go right for me. I have something that my father wanted and I was the reason my family died. I don't deserve these two people in front of me. I need to leave, as quickly as possible. If I'm gone, so is the threat. I needed to remember the person I was. I can't let my persona falter now. I needed to fight this bond and remain cold. That was what was best.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I realized Carter had been talking to me, well more like at me.

"How in the hell do I have two mates. I don't understand. Not that I am complaining, you are both fucking hot but I've never heard of this, twin alpha males, yes, but two non related friend she-wolves is impossible. I just don't get it." He exclaimed running his hands through his gorgeous hair.

"Well" Joya started "we aren't exactly just friends."

I shot her a "keep your mouth shut look."

"What Cat, he has the right to know. That may have something to do with us all being mated."

"Will someone tell me what's going on? What do you mean you guys aren't just friends?"

"We are lovers alright! We love to have sex with each other. We always have. We have never even had sex with a male. It's always just been me and her. So deal with it!" I screamed angrily not giving two shits how he felt about it.

I don't know why I felt so possessive and out of control. It was so unlike me and I hated how I felt. I was usually just this laid back chick with everything under control. I usually didn't give a shit about anyone or anything and Joya understood that. She let me be me. She'd tried several times to break me, to make me feel anything but I just couldn't. I couldn't feel the pain anymore. I was comfortably numb. Being a mate, a friend, an enemy.....it was all to much. I felt a little dizzy and Carter and J helped me back onto the bed.

Carter knelt in front of me and continued, "You think I would be angry or upset with you? That is probably the best thing since Christmas morning."

We laughed. I just shook my head. Truth is I was scared, and I didn't know how to deal with that.

"Its just that I don't understand why is all." Carter said unresolved.

"Maybe that was the plan all along. The goddess kept Cat and I together all these years. There's obviously a reason. We just have to figure out what that is. No big deal." Joya stated as she moved over to sit on the bed where I patted beside me. I wrapped my arms around her in comfort.

"I think the two of you need to be mates and let me leave. Now before you protest J., you already know the threat. You can be with Carter, who is an extremely handsome, sexy, strong, and determined mate. He will love you Joya but not just because he is your mate. He will love you because you are intelligent, beautiful, humble, and you will be a great Luna. You know I am not capable of loving you. You deserve this. I don't." I finished quietly.

I stood up to leave and was once again halted by Carter. I felt his arms wrap around me and it made everything feel so safe and warm. It was a feeling I had never felt before. An actual tear threatened to roll down my cheek but I held it in. He unwrapped his arms from around my waist and grabbed me by my shoulders, leaned me back slightly and looked right into my eyes.

"Cat, you're not leaving. You're mine. I see that Joya loves you. I may not know how to love you like that yet, but I am going to try. You will not leave me or her, ever. We will figure everything out. But before anything else happens, we will talk to my father and then you will tell me why your father is your enemy and why you are trying so hard to leave me. This will be resolved."

He pulled me back in for another hug and Joya joined. He stood chest to chest with me and she stood behind me with her arms intertwined in his securing me in an invisible bubble with just the three of us. Both of them pressed tightly against me and I sighed at my one moment of peace. My emotions were reeling out of control. There was a thump inside my head. It kept consecutively thumping even and loudly. I wondered if anyone else had heard it. Then I felt it. I knew what it was. Look at that. You do have a heart. I thought to myself. "They won't love us after this, not when they know the truth" Trix said in my head. "Probably not," I responded "probably not." I didn't want to break out of my contentment to think about it. I was going to enjoy the moment as long as I could.

Hell could break lose at any moment and one thing I know for sure was, it could and it would.