Chapter 14: Date Night (Part 1)

J and I had showered, gotten dressed, and were waiting in a guest room when the most amazing smell wafted into my nostrils. Carter's scent mixed with men's cologne was mouth watering and I opted not to go and just stay in. I was already scrutinizing with myself over the whole idea. Dating? What did that word actually mean? I've never been on a date before, neither has Joya so to say we had been nervous was an understatement. I had already gone against  my better judgment to leave all this. I knew I should run. It would prevent a lot of heartache and a hell whole lot of confusion. But, after learning about Cassie, I knew I was too drawn in by her to let her be in pain forever. I could run and let her die or I could stay and fight my father but give her a chance to live. I knew my father was coming.  Either way, I knew my fate was the same. I felt warm pressure against my cheeks with a sensation kind of like that tingly feeling when your foot falls asleep. I was brought back to reality to see Joya smirking at me and holding my hand while Carter was bent down in front of me with his lips placed upon my cheekbone.

"Are you okay?" Carter asked sweetly.

"Yes. Are we ready to get this party started?" I questioned, pushing away all my fears.

Carter and Joya both stood up and I followed their lead. Joya was wearing a blush pink short A-line dress. Soft chiffon rosettes filled the bodice with an overlapping asymmetrical skirt. She paired it with some simple suede black pumps that hid a blushing pink double layered bow on the back of the heels. Huge shimmering rose gold medallion earrings adorned her ears and she had her hair twisted in a halo that led to a side pony tail. She was eloquent and beautiful. She was everything a mate, wife, mother, and Luna should be. Carter so charmingly opened the door and kissed her as she walked out first. He a pair of dark denim jeans and a plain white buttoned down with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. I smirked at him as I exited and pointed to his white k-swiss he was wearing once again.

"What? I love my K-Swiss." He proclaimed closing the door behind us.

"So, what are we doing?" I asked as he helped Joya and I into the front seat of his hunter green 2014 toyota tundra 4wd crewmax double cab. He folded up the middle console to make room for us all to sit in the middle. I was slightly worried that my black and gold sequence skirt that I borrowed from J and my nude sheer collared button down and wedges may had been a little much for whatever we were doing.

"Well, I told you both to dress up because I know this really great Italian restaurant in the city close to the shop and then there is a grand opening to this new club, Lupo, which means wolf in Italian. Tanner, Tawny, and some other friends from the pack are going."

"Does Tawny have to come?" I whined. "She is so fake. She doesn't ever do her work. I am always picking up her slack. I hate her and she hates me!"

"Tawny doesn't hate you. She had been helping me find a doctor for Cassie. Her and Tanner are the only ones that know about her condition. She was afraid you were just another random girl trying to fuck me to become Luna; that you would take away my focus from Cassie. She really isn't so bad if you get to know her."

"Well, I still don't like her and you cant make me." I fake pouted and crossed my arms like a child.

After both J and Carter laughed, the car fell into a comfortable silence with only the sound of soft rock playing in the truck. Right Here by Staind played.

"This is my favorite song!" I exclaimed turning the radio up.

"I know I've been mistaken
But just give me a break and see the changes that I've made
I've got some imperfections
But how can you collect them all and throw them in my face

But you always find a way to keep me right here waiting
You always find the words to say to keep me right here waiting
And if you chose to walk away I'd still be right here waiting
Searching for the things to say to keep you right here waiting

I hope you're not intending
To be so condescending it's as much as i can take
and you're so independent
you just refuse to bend so I keep bending till I break"I sang along.   "