Chapter 17: After All

Carter's POV

I sat across from one of my mate's at this little café called Bibo's Madd Apple Café in Portland. After we endulged in some spinach eggs benedict, their special, we shared some wonderful beignets with a raspberry and mango compote that was absolutely divine. Seeing Joya all but lick the plate satisfied me to the fullest. I was trying my hardest to focus on the mate in front of me and not the one I left behind with my sister. The whole point of the brunch was to get to know my mates, and here I was torn wanting to know more about Joya but concerned about Cassie and Cat. I also still had  resignation to having two mates. I should have never let hormones and alcohol take over last night. I'm not really complaining as a man. It was the best sex to the 1,000th power. But, as an Alpha, I had questions about the influence of two Lunas would have on the pack and if it was some cruel joke the goddess herself was playing at.

"What's got you so deep into thought over there Alpha?" Joya said with a voice as sweet as nectar.

"What's your favorite color?" I blurted out, throwing caution to the wind.

"Um, violet, like a deep purple." She responded shyly.

"Hmm, that's nice. My favorite color is Jade, green." I retorted kindly. "Honestly," I started explaining, "I brought you here to get to know you, the real you. I wanted Cat to be present so I could learn about her to. I know I am always kind of an asshole trying to keep people away from me but it's because of my fear for Cassie and her condition. I never found a reason to get along with anyone until now. Now I have you both for mates and I'd like to know what ever I can about the both of you.

"Whatever your wish Mr. Alpha." Joya complied jokingly.

"My favorite color is violet, as I have already shared. It was my mother's favorite color, and when she died, I just felt like it should be my favorite to. Cat's favorite color is yellow, like a pastel yellow. You will have to ask her why though. You might actually be surprised at her answer. Let's see, we both love horror movies. We may even have an addiction to them. I am actually scared to death of the Chucky series though and they are Cat's favorite. But she is afraid of IT so I tease her with clowns. I am claustrophobic and I hate elevators with a passion. I will not use them if I don't have to. Cat is afraid of the dark and heights. She says that Newton's Law, "What goes up must come down" is the reason. Cat is too scared of falling in love, for fear of falling. Which is strange because she still uses the motto "Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game" when we play sports. I tried to explain to her its the same thing, but she doesn't want to hear it."

I laughed heartily as Joya described them both.

I do not cuss, ever. I think its un-lady like. Cat on the other hand will make you blush at her extensive vulgar vocabulary. And, I love country and pop music. Cat loves all rock music, classic, alternative, soft, punk you name it. She also has it in her head that she is a gangster at times and has an unusual love for hip hop. Why, is a mystery to me! I like Mexican food. Her favorite is Italian. I like to be affectionate, cuddle, hold hands. She hates to be touched period. She says it makes her vulnerable and susceptible to emotion, which she doesn't do well with. Cat thinks emotions are in her own word "weird."

I chuckled again.

"We both love to read, everything, all kinds of genres. I love school and modern technology and gadgets, and fashion. Cat's passions include vintage cars, sports, and history and working. She loves to be active. She is very intelligent and secretly artistic. I, on the other hand, am logical and practical and couldn't draw, paint, or sing if my life depended on it. Honestly though, to be so different we both have so much dedication towards whatever it is in life we pursue. We really do love each other, and will love you just like we love each other, if not more since Cat and I aren't true mates. Does that tell you what you need to know or would you like me to continue?"