Seventeen

"WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

Stiles winced at Sierra's demand, the girl firing multiple questions to the older werewolf.

"How long have you been staying here? Aren't you still on the run? Oh my god—"

Sierra whirled around to face her best friend. "Is this why you wouldn't talk to me yesterday?" Her chest rose and fell heavily as she waited for an explanation. "Stiles!"

"Okay, okay," Stiles stated first and moved closer to her. Unintentionally, his voice raised as he grew frustrated. "Derek is hiding, alright? He's only been here since I got home from school, and the reason I didn't talk to you last night was that we had to go save his fugitive ass from getting shot by Mr. Argent!"

The words hung in the air, and Stiles fearfully snuck a glance at Sierra, who had fallen quiet.

"Okay," she said first, making Stiles furrow his eyebrows. "What's the plan? You better have a plan. You have a plan, right?"

"I thought you didn't want to be involved in this," Derek spoke up, speaking Stiles's thoughts.

The boy nodded and pointed to Derek, confused. "Yeah, what sour wolf said?"

"A girl can change her mind," Sierra defended her choice. When Derek and Stiles stared at her, she huffed. "Turns out I actually care about my best friends!" she exclaimed, shooting a glare at Derek. "That work for you?"

Derek wore a small smile but didn't reply.

Sierra refocused on Stiles. "Your plan?"

Stiles cleared his throat. "Er, right." He explained that while Scott tried to steal Allison's necklace, he found another lead.

"The night at the school, someone hacked Allison's phone and sent her a text that she thought was from Scott," Stiles said.

"Can we find out who sent the message?" Derek questioned.

"I know someone who can," Sierra sighed. "Danny. I remember Stiles and I were bored at the station one day and looked up people in the police database. The charges were dropped, but still. We also found out that Jackson has had several speeding tickets that he wriggled himself out of with money from his rich adoptive father, which is truly messed up because—"

"Sierra, get to the point," Derek interrupted sternly, and Sierra glared at him.

"Anyways, Danny was almost arrested for hacking into a secure network," she informed and then shrugged. "He's my lab partner, and I could convince him to come over?"

Stiles adverted his eyes hearing this, so Derek decided for him.

"Call him."

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

The friendly lacrosse player had arrived at the Stilinski home ready to finish some homework and became confused once Stiles explained what they needed him to do.

Derek sat in the corner of the room, staying silent by reading an old book from Stiles's bookshelf to keep himself occupied.

Sierra stood behind Stiles, who sat sitting at his desk with his laptop open as they tried to convince Danny to agree.

"I was thirteen," Danny exclaimed in defense, not very happy they looked up his arrest report. "And they dropped the charges."

"Danny, please?" Sierra begged, but her friend's eyes landed on the mysterious beta, who hadn't said a word since he arrived.

Danny asked who the guy was, making Stiles lie.

"T-that's my cousin," Stiles said through his teeth and racked his brain for a fake name while tapping random computer keys. "Miguel."