Twenty-Six

TONIGHT, Stiles repeated to himself. He was going to tell Sierra tonight, after the lacrosse game. Nothing supernatural should interfere with his plans since all they were doing was getting the bestiary, so now was better than later. Plus, his mind was going crazy with the possibility of Isaac coming back at anytime to carry Sierra off in his arms.

Now, he didn't really have a plan for what he was going to say, but was hoping that when the right moment came, everything would just fall into place. However, it wasn't that easy.

You'd think that having a werewolf for a best friend, almost being killed by an Alpha (three times to be exact) and trying to find a crazy homicidal lizard would surely tell Stiles that his ideas would always change, but he held onto hope that his plan would work. Just once, he prayed.

"You look like you're going to be sick," a voice broke his train of thought and he flickered his whiskey eyes off the road momentarily to see Sierra staring at him in concern from the passenger seat. "Are you okay?" she asked, lowering her feet from where they had been up in the dash.

They were on their way to the high school for the game and she was showing school spirit by wearing Stiles' maroon hoodie with his last name plastered on the back, right above the number twenty-four. It was actually one of her favorite outfits, since she had stolen the item of clothing from him a couple of months ago.

Stiles didn't mind though. He had other lacrosse shirts and was actually wearing his jacket as he drove. The sophomore loved the idea of her wearing his number; it was kind of thing couples usually did and made that tiny spark of hope ignite just a bit more. "I'm fine," Stiles replied to her with a small smile. In reality, he was having a huge mental breakdown, but it's not like he could just blurt out his problem to Sierra. His anxiety was through the roof despite the fact that he was lightly tapping his fingers on the steering wheel to stay calm. He thanked the heavens that Scott wasn't in the jeep to notice his chemo signals going haywire.

Sierra didn't buy it and raised her eyebrows expectantly, wanting a true answer. She wondered if he sometimes forgot how well she knew him and that she had a natural instinct to notice when he was lying, more recently than ever. Stile wouldn't admit it but it kind of scared him how observant the girl really was.

Nonetheless, she never pieced together that he was nervous because of her. She just figured it was about the plan. "Look, nothing is going to go wrong tonight," she stated optimistically and firmly. "All we have to do is get the keys from Allison, then get the book from the school. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy."

A soft chuckle escaped Stiles' mouth at her childish saying but having her say nothing was going to go wrong helped him relax. He then turned into the school parking lot and quickly parked the jeep, ending their conversation as she helped him carry his lacrosse bag to the bench. Sierra had taken the seat next to him, though it was supposed to be for players only.

However, Coach Finstock barely noticed- even as the game started. "I'm surprised he hasn't kicked me out yet," she whispered to Stiles as they watched another one of his teammates get knocked to the grass by a very tall number forty-two from the opposing team.

"I think he's more worried about our whole team making a trip to the emergency room," he replied wittily as the Coach demanded to the referees if that player was even a teenager.