Thirty

WITH A SIMPLE BLINK, her eyes flickered back to normal which restored Stiles' heart to its resting rate. He didn't want to freak her out that her eyes had now changed into two different colors, something Stiles never thought was possible. Deciding to keep the news to himself, he squeezed her hand and offered another smile. His mind was busy with activity, considering he was finally able to kiss the girl he loved for the first time.

Sierra returned the gesture brightly, not hiding how giddy she felt after what happened. The two didn't find it necessary to talk about the kiss, as it was obvious how they felt. They knew they'd have to talk about everything eventually, but right now they just enjoyed being with each other.

"I should probably finish sending that text to Jackson's dad," he told her and she tilted her head from the new information.

"You've been texting his parents?"

"Just to convince them that he's okay and they shouldn't worry," he shrugged; it wasn't really a big deal. If he didn't, they'd probably be freaking out and getting his father involved with the police.

However, Sierra knew better. There are some things about Jackson Whittemore that he just doesn't say or do like other kids. "Stiles, what exactly have you been saying?" she asked him worriedly, a crease forming on her forehead.

He raised an eyebrow, wondering what the big deal was. He showed her the phone and allowed her to read all the messages he had sent. "See? I didn't say anything bad."

Sierra's fingers froze as her eyes scanned over one he sent the night before. "Stiles?"

"Hmm?"

"Jackson doesn't say I love you," she stated clearly and Stiles scrunched up his nose, not fully understanding.

"What do you mean? It's his dad, how could he not say I love you?" He demanded, slightly beginning to freak out.

Sierra gave him back the phone and sighed, "Jackson was adopted, alright? Ever since he found out, he's never once said that he loved them."

"How long ago did he find out?"

"Eleven years ago," Sierra dead-panned and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Maybe it's not that bad," Stiles tried to stay optimistic. "Maybe they still don't know that anything's wrong."

"They know." A familiar voice caused the both of them to jump and once they turned their heads, they were relieved to see the dark-haired Argent with a scarf around her neck and a beanie on her head. "They know Jackson's missing!" she clarified and then explained that her grandfather said his parents went to the police. "They know."

Stiles' brown eyes widened as he looked at the cellphone in his right hand. He held up the device between his thumb and ring finger, starting to panic as he bounced on his heels. Realizing something else, he flung the device to Allison and quickly opened the passenger side door of the prison transport van to grab the police radio.

"All available units proceed to Beacon Hills Reserve as instructed," a deputy's voice stated clearly. "Proceed with caution until Sheriff Stilinski's arrival. Repeat: Proceed with caution."

The three of them exchanged panicked glances before they simultaneously all decided to pile into the front, with Stiles driving. Allison and Sierra were slightly squished, but that wasn't really a top concern of theirs. "Where are we going?" The brunette asked as Stiles rapidly texted something on Jackson's phone.

"Somewhere very far from this," he replied loudly as the phone started to dial. He tossed it outside into the leaves and hurriedly drove off.

*^*^*^