Thirty-Nine

"OH, COME ON, STILES," Sierra groaned out of frustration as his voicemail played in her ear for the fourth time. Her legs paced up and across the locker room as her heart pounded so loudly she could practically hear it in her ears. Her mind swirled with thoughts of the one person she cared very deeply about and couldn't stop herself from imagining the worst things possible.

Scott and Isaac were next her, listening to the sheriff about the APB out on his son. Sierra angrily shoved her phone back into her pocket and tuned in her own ears once Noah revealed the jeep was still in the parking lot. "I don't know what the hell that means," Noah sighed disappointedly. He flickered his eyes over to the stressed out girl. "If he answers his phone, or his emails, if anyone sees him..."

"Then we'll call you," Isaac assured him quietly, softly placing his hand on Sierra's shoulder so she'd stop tugging on the ends of her hair.

"He's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something," Scott lied calmly, exchanging a worried look towards his other best friend. Seeing how scared she was, he looked firmly back at the sheriff. "We'll find him," the teen wolf promised.

Noah slowly nodded, obviously not very convinced. "I'll see you, okay?" he told them before walking away to finish talking with his deputies. Sierra crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back against the lockers with a sigh as Coach walked up to talk to Scott.

"You okay?" Isaac asked her but once she turned her head to slightly glare at him, he gulped with a small nod. "Right, dumb question. Obviously you're not, but we're going to find him, okay?"

"I know we will," Sierra agreed as she bounced her knee, "but anything could happen to him between now and that point. I just have a feeling he won't walk out of wherever he is scratch-free."

Randomly, Isaac stepped closer and wrapped his arms around her. Sierra's head laid on his shoulder but she didn't hug him back. She stayed frozen, and felt her eyes slightly water from his action. It wasn't his act of comfort that caused her to get upset; it was that just a couple hours ago the arms holding her belonged to a spastic boy with a buzz-cut whom she very much adored. And now he was gone.

"Wherever he is, he's fighting," Isaac finally spoke up into her ear. "And if we want to find him, you've got to keep fighting too."

Sierra hastily wiped away her tears and nodded with a small sniffle. "You're right. Is everyone gone now?"

Scott turned towards them as Coach Finstock left the locker room, confirming her words. Wasting no time, the werewolf quickly broke the metal door that latched on to Stiles' locker and started to search through his things to grab his scent. He grabbed the shirt he was wearing before he came here and his tennis shoe, tossing the object towards the taller beta, much to his dismay. "What are you doing here?" Sierra questioned, noticing a certain muscled alpha standing near the entrance.

"We need to talk," Derek replied vaguely with a blank look on his face.

Then, out of the shadows stepped a man whom Sierra thought she'd never have to see again. His dark eyes sent chills down her spine as she froze.

"All of us," Peter added on smugly, clothed in a dark jacket and shirt.

"Holy shit," Scott's first response slipped out in surprise. "What the hell is this?"

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station," Derek recalled with a tilted head and furrowed brows.

"Hold on," Scott disagreed quickly, "He threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him; what was I supposed to do?"