Thirty-Four

JEMMA HAD BEEN at the animal clinic with Stiles and Derek for about twenty minutes, until Scott and Sierra woke up. The teen werewolf was first, but it had only been a second before Sierra sat up abruptly, gasping for breath. Their bones ached and heads hurt as they blinked and took notice of their surroundings. "W-what happened?" she questioned softly, pressing her hand against her temple. The last thing the dirty-blonde remembered was reaching the jeep with Stiles, but after that, her mind was completely blank.

Scott on the other hand, couldn't seem to forget about what happened no matter how hard he tried. Allison's mom had tried to kill him, and he was nearly dead when Derek showed up and fought her. He didn't know what the alpha did to get him out of there, but he was grateful and happy he was still alive.

Stiles rushed over to the two, glad that they finally woke up. Deaton had worked his magic, but hadn't given him a time reference on how long they were supposed to stay asleep. Sierra smiled slightly as he worriedly held her face in his hands, examining every inch to make sure she was actually okay. "Stiles, I'm fine," she lightly chuckled, only feeling tired. Scott noticed Derek standing against the wall, but was more surprised than ever to see a familiar figure next to him. He nudged Sierra with his elbow, which caused the dirty-blonde to follow her best friend's widened gaze in curiosity. Once her blue eyes landed on her sister, they widened and immediately she racked her brain for an excuse.

Knowing what her sibling was doing, Jemma held up her hand to stop the ramble. "I know what you're about to do, so stop," she instructed and Sierra closed her mouth, nodding slowly. "Deaton told me everything."

"Everything?" Sierra repeated worriedly, exchanging panicked glances with Scott.

Stiles was surprisingly calm once he found out that Jemma knew about the supernatural world, but his eagerness to know more about what she was and what Sierra could be had made the older girl snap in frustration that now wasn't the time.

"Everything," Derek confirmed from beside Jemma and Scott raised his eyebrows, finding the alpha's interjection odd.

"And all you need to know is that I've known Derek and Deaton for a long time," Jemma told them, making Sierra scrunch up her face. "And I'm here to help."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You know Derek?"

Scott and Sierra fired questions at the same time, both of them utterly confused at the woman — Sierra's older sister — standing in front of them.

"I knew your parents, Sierra," Deaton revealed, wearing a sad, small smile. "We were really good friends."

"And your mom was best friends with mine," Derek explained, his arms crossed while a teasing smirk lifted his lips. "I told you we went way back. Now do you believe me?"

"Kind of," Sierra lifted a hand to her head, still finding the information overwhelming. But she furrowed her brows and looked between her sister, Derek, and Deaton. "How am I just figuring this out? How come I don't have any memories of you all until Scott was bitten?"

The adults exchanged glances, and Jemma sighed. "That's a story for another time," she decided. "Right now, you and Scott need to rest. You've had a long night."

Even though she found it hard to wrap her head around that her biggest secret she had kept from her sister wasn't really that well hidden, Sierra just accepted her answer with a nod.

The animal wasn't the right place to question Jemma about what she knew and if she could tell her what was going on with her 'powers' that had surfaced when battling Isaac at Scott's house.

Scott let out a breath of relief, happy because this meant his friends had one less guardian to lie to about what they were doing.

Derek brushed past Jemma on the way to the door, nodding his head towards the exit to the sophomore as a signal to talk with him privately.