Thirty-Two

"FOR THE LOVE OF God, Scott, I am not having this conversation right now," Stiles argued in frustration with his cellphone pressed against his ear. His whiskey eyes flickered over to his dad's office, where his father and Sierra sat together eating dinner, laughing and talking. A little smile overtook his face as he watched them interact; Sierra was handing him his food the two had picked up on their way over.

"Why not?" Scott demanded from the other end of the line. "You need to tell me what the hell is going on with her, Stiles, because I'd like to know why her eyes were freaking glowing like mine do, especially since I know she's not a werewolf!" Seeing his best friend's eyes shine a bright blue, shook the teen wolf. He hadn't wanted anything to happen to her or Stiles; he wanted them to stay human, stay safe.

An annoyed sigh escaped Stiles' lips; they had been arguing for over ten minutes and he knew Sierra was wondering what was holding him, as she had been continuously glancing in his direction out of concern. "If I knew what was going on, I would tell you," he repeated himself for what felt like the millionth time. "I don't know, okay? Look, we're going to have to talk about this later. You have to follow Jackson and I for once would like to enjoy dinner with my dad and girlfriend, so goodbye." Without letting Scott respond, Stiles ended the call- not even realizing what he had called the dirty-blonde until he put his phone back in his pocket.

His eyes widened and he ran a hand over his buzz-cut, taking a deep breath. The word had just naturally fallen from his tongue and he honestly loved the idea of calling Sierra his girlfriend. The question was though, would she like to call him her boyfriend? Not wanting to waste anymore time, Stiles sighed again and decided it was now or never.

When he walked into the office, his father had just taken a bite out of his burger while Sierra sipped on her cherry cola in one of the comfy chairs on the other side of his desk. She smiled at Stiles brightly, glad he could finally join them. Though she didn't know who he was talking to, Sierra knew it must've not been a big deal since he smiled widely right back at her. "Awe, what the hell is this?" his father questioned with his mouth full, disgusted by whatever he had eaten.

Stiles sat down next to Sierra, gratefully accepting the food she handed him. "It's a veggie burger," he explained plainly, and moved Sierra's hand so he could steal a sip of her drink.

"Hey!" she protested and swat his hand away. "You have your own, you jerk."

"Well maybe yours tastes better," Stiles teased which made the girl playfully roll her blue eyes and continue eating her chicken salad. Unaware of the flirting, Sheriff Stilinski was still upset that his normal hamburger had been taken away, even after Stiles said that the veggie version was healthier. "We're being healthy," his son stated, and wiggled his plastic container of lettuce and tomatoes to show that his father wasn't the only one suffering.

Noah huffed, and tried to lift his mood with French fries, only to see Stiles had ordered him carrot sticks and celery instead. "Why are you trying to ruin my life?" he asked dramatically.

"Stiles thinks by having you eat at least one salad every week, your life will be extended," Sierra commented, glancing over at the boy who was drenching his salad in dressing. Scrunching up her nose, she shook her head to finish her thought. "He also wanted to see what you found." She motioned to his desk, which had case files stacked in random piles.

"Are you his speaker now?" Noah joked with a small chuckle and Stiles snorted.

"Dad, we've been able to finish each other's thoughts since we were six," he stated after he took a bite of his food and winced at the taste. "By now, we can basically read each other's minds."