thirteen - you'll be fine

noel

(flashback)

Carl texted me and told me to come over and hang out with him for a little bit. Of course I couldn't say no because why pass up spending time with the boy you lo- like. The boy you like.

I walked across the street to the Gallagher's house and made my way inside. Sammi, Frank's oldest and slut daughter, was in the kitchen making something that smelled like road kill.

"Hi, Noel," she greeted as soon as I walked through the door. I forced a fake smile and moved into the kitchen.

"Where's Carl," I asked her, not bothering to say hi back.

"He's upstairs," she raised her eyebrows at me. I quickly turned and went up the stairs. I went into his bedroom and knocked on the doorframe. He was sitting on Ian's bed, but once he saw me he sat up and patted the seat next to him.

"You still dealing," I asked him. He shook his head no, kicking his black bookbag under the bed. "Carl! I told you to get out of that shit."

"I will," he stated. "But, I didn't text you to come over so you could give me a lecture."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes at him. "What do you want, punk?" His lips formed to a smile as he inched closer, pressing his lips to mine. I pushed him back and looked at him with confusion in my eyes. "What the fuck, Carl?" He caught me completely off guard.

"What," he asked. "I thought you would like this." He didn't say another word as he kissed me again. This time, I didn't pushed him off or pull away. I kissed him back. It wasn't long before his tongue slid across my bottom lip, begging for entrance and I gladly gave in.

We were in a full make out session and I didn't want it to end, but it didn't matter what I wanted because as soon as he began to deepen the kiss, my phone began to ring. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw that my dad was calling. My eyes widened as I pushed Carl off me, stood up and answered the phone.

"Hey, dad," I answered, wiping the corner of my mouth.

"Hey, where are you right now," he asked, I guess I forgot to tell him where I was going.

"Oh, I'm just across the street," I told him. "I'm hanging out with Carl... and Debbie."

"Oh okay. Well, dinner is ready and mom wants you back home before it gets too cold," he stated.

"Yeah, I'll be right there," I told him as I hung up the phone and put it back in my pocket. I turned to Carl who was leaning on his elbows with a smug look on his face. "Uh, I have to go."

"Why," he asked, "We were just getting to the good part." My knees weakened at his words and I wanted to fall to the ground.

"Mom wants me back home," I told him. "I'll, uh, see you tomorrow." I began to walk out the door, but quickly turned around to make one thing clear with him. "This never happened. Got it?"

"What, why," he asked, sitting up and looking at me with a confused look.

"Because I said so," I scoffed and walked out of the room before he could say another word.