twenty-nine - the dress

noel

Today, after school, is The Weeknd concert with Blake. I'm beyond excited, but also nervous that we won't get there on time to get any good seats.

"Do you have the tickets," I asked Blake as we sat down at our lunch table.

"About that," he said, taking in a deep breath and pushing aside his tray a little bit. "I got in trouble for arguing with my sister last night and guess what my punishment was?"

"Shit, we can't go," I asked him, my hopes of finally hearing one of my favorite artists in person being crushed.

"Nope. I had to give the tickets to my fucking sister. She gets to go with her stupid, preppy boyfriend," he explained. "I'm really sorry. I know how much you were looking forward to going."

"It's okay," I said, sending him a genuine smile. "I guess I have more time to go dress shopping now."

"Dress shopping," he asked with a raise of his eyebrows. "For what?"

"Carl's sister's wedding. She asked me to be her maid of honor," I said excitedly.

"Nice," he smiled, taking a bite of his pizza.

"Yes, indeed," I giggled. "What are your plans after school? Maybe you can come with me?"

"I'm supposed to stay for tutoring, but my students never show up anyways," he told me. "I'd be happy to tag along."

"Great! I didn't know you tutored," I smiled and he just shrugged. I watched Carl walk into the cafeteria, his hands in his pockets and a bright smile formed on his face once he saw me.

"Hey, babe," he said, pecking my cheek and sitting down next to me.

"Hey," I smiled. "So, no concert tonight. Instead, we're going shopping for a dress and you're coming with."

"Uh, okay. How come no concert," he asked.

"Stupid sister," Blake answered with a roll of his eyes.

"I know how you feel," Carl said. "Where's Tuck?" I couldn't help but smile at that. Carl actually calling Tucker by his nickname?

"He's sick. I'm gonna drop off his homework for him after we get back from dress shopping," I told him.

"Sounds fun. Now, give me your pizza," Carl said.

"Um, no," I laughed. He tried to reach over my plate and grab my pizza, but I pushed him away. "If you want pizza so bad, go get some."

"Nah, I'd rather have your's," he winked at me, making me blush.

"Fine. We can share," I decided, sliding the tray between us.

"Yay. Love you, babe," he said, picking up the pizza and taking a bite, rubbing it in my face that he got what he wanted.

•••

The final bell rang and Carl and I were the first out of the classroom, rushing to our lockers.

"I'm gonna go get Blake," I told him. "Meet us outside infront of the bike racks." He nodded and we went our separate ways.

After grabbing my stuff from my locker, I caught up with Blake in the hallway where all the advanced classes were located. I finally found him walking the opposite of me. I sent him a wave and he smiled.

"Carl is waiting for us outside," I told him. He nodded and we headed to his locker.

"I'm really sorry about the concert again," he said, warming my heart. "I feel like I gave your hopes up."

"It's fine, really. I think I gave my own hopes up," I admitted.

"I still feel bad," he said. "What can I do to make it up to you?"

"Nothing. You don't have to do anything," I told him as he slammed his locker shut and we made our way outside.

"I guess I'll just suprise you," he shrugged, causing me to playfully roll my eyes as we caught up with Carl outside by the bike racks.

"Ready," I asked them. They both nodded as we made our way to the L.

•••

After searching through 3 other stores, I think I finally found the dress. I was standing in the mirror admiring it. It was pink, like all of the bridesmaids are supposed to wear. It was a little shorter than I wanted but the rest of it was perfect.

"Come on, Noel, we don't have all day," Carl called out impatiently from outside the dressing room.

"Okay, okay," I called back. "I'm coming out."

•••

carl

"Okay, okay," Noel called back. "I'm coming out." Fucking finally. I love this girl, but she is a picky shopper.

I checked the time on my phone. It read 6:12 pm. We've been here for 3 hours already. When I looked up from my phone, I couldn't believe the beautiful sight infront of me.

There stood Noel, the love of my life, looking as beautiful as ever. The dress she picked out fit her perfectly in everyway possible. She did a little spin, showing us the back of her dress.

"Well," she said shyly. "What do you think?" I looked over at Blake and he was just as amazed as me. "Well?"

"You look beautiful, El," Blake blurted out before I got the chance to say anything. Usually, I would be upset if a guy said that to her, especially knowing that she's taken, but I like Blake and El trusts him.

"Yeah. You look amazing, babe," I agreed. She blushed, pushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Really," she asked, tugging the sides of the dress. Blake and I both nodded in sync.

"Come on, I'll buy it for you," I stated more than offered. What's the point in having a girlfriend if you can't spoil her?

"No, Carl," she argued. "I have my own money."

"I'm buying it," I stated, making her roll her eyes playfully as she turned back to the dressing room to change.

"You are one lucky guy," Blake said once Noel was nowhere in sight.

"I know," I smiled. "I don't deserve her."

"No one does. She's perfect," he agreed. "But as long as you have her, never let her go. Don't hurt her. She's not something you want to lose."

"Believe me, I know," I sighed. "I've almost lost her so many times. I'm not making that mistake again." Blake nodded just as Noel came back out of the dressing room.

"Okay, let's go," she said with an excited look on her face that made my heart melt.

-

a/n: i finally figured out how i'm going to end this story xD only a few more chapters left!!