Chapter 7: Coming Home and Confessions

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Mentions of self harm, anxiety, depression and bullying.
- ALEXANDERS POV -
We get home from the hospital and Thomas unlocks the door. I step in and hear a chorus of,

"Welcome home, Alexander!" I see John, Herc, Laf, Maria, Peggy, Angelica, and Eliza, who's crying. They pull me down on to the floor in a group hug. Soon I'm crying too. We all stand up and Eliza pulls me to the side while everyone talks together.

"Alexander, when Thomas called us about you being in the hospital, we thought you attempted again." She said, tears still streaming down her cheeks.

"After the other day we didn't know if you were really ok. I just don't want anything to happen. We love you too much." She says, smiling. I wipe away her tears and kiss her on the cheek in a brotherly way.

"I don't think anything is going to happen," I tell her, hugging her again. "Because I found my SoulMate." I whisper in her ear, smiling. She gasps and smiles.

"Oh my goodness, Alexander! I'm so happy for you! Do we know them?" I nod my head and she jumps around happily.

"I'll tell you, but you can't tell a soul. I'm going to tell them in a little bit." I say, gesturing towards the group.

"Tell me, please! I'm absolutely dying to know!" She says, still jumping. She really is happy for me.

"It's Thomas Jefferson." I whisper into her ear. She gasps again and grins larger than I've ever seen.

"I KNEW it! After the panic attack it was so obvious!" She was glowing in happiness. It was like she was even more happy finding out than I was when I found out. It was nice. She really cared.

"What's all this happiness about?" Maria asks, walking over. Eliza looks at me. I nod my head.

"Alexander found his SoulMate!" Eliza says to her.

"No shit! That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you, Alexander!" Maria coos to me. "When are you telling everyone?"

"Now." I respond simply.

"Want me to get their attention?" She asks. I nod and she calls, "Hey guys! Alex has something to say!" Thomas glances at me and I look at him, a question in my eyes. He knows what I'm going to say and thinks for a second, then nods and walks over to me with everyone else.

"I know these past few days have been... stressful. For all of us. I want to say I'm sorry for worrying you guys. I truly am. But, through all this shit, something fantastic happened. I found my SoulMate!" I tell them. I hear gasps and see Angelica and Lafayette with their hands over their mouths, grinning. Maria and Eliza are just looking at me like proud mothers. Hercules and Peggy are cheering. John is just sitting and smiling slightly, but he looks... sad? I turn to Thomas who is blushing and smiling at me, love in his eyes.

"Well, who is it. A-Man?" Peggy asks, wanting to know desperately. Instead of saying anything, I just yank Thomas to me and kiss him passionately. Both of us are bright red and the cheers in the background are deafening. Until, that is, someone in the dorm next to us tells us to,

"Shut it before I report you idiots!" We all laugh.

"Yeah.. so Thomas and I are SoulMates!" I say, blushing and rubbing my neck.

"Welcome to the club, mon ami!" Laf says, embracing Hercules, who kisses him.

"Actually.. Alex isn't the only one with a SoulMate announcement!" Maria says happily.

"Oh my God, Maria, really? Who is it?" Hercules called to her gently.

"It's... Eliza!" She says and Eliza grasps her hand, smiling at her.