Chapter 12: Breakfasts and Walks

- ELIZAS  POV -
Last night was a little rough. After talking to Alexander, I fell asleep on his shoulder while sitting on the ground. I was still afraid something bad was going to happen to him, but after talking to Thomas I felt a little better. I wake up to someone's phone ringing at 6am. We all fell asleep around 10, so I was fairly well rested. I hear Laf groan and he reaches in his pocket to turn his phone off. I can hear Alexander taking a shower. Peggy, Maria and John are on their phones, Angie is smiling and writing to her SoulMate, Thomas is getting dressed, and Hercules is making breakfast.

"Guys, get up! We have classes in 2 hours!" He tells us, smirking at our sleepiness. I figured we would all sleep at Alex and Thomas's, so I told everyone to bring a change of clothes.

"G'morning guys." I hear Thomas says as he walks down the hallway and into the living room.

"Anyone else want coffee?" I hear Alex ask. His hair is wet from the shower but he looks better than he has in the past few weeks. We all nod and he makes 3 pots. We know 9 people can't drink 3 pots, and figure Alex will end up drinking them later. Herc hands everyone paper plates with pancakes and sausage while Alex gives us coffee. We head to the table where there's salt, pepper, syrup, cream and sugar.  Everyone, even Alex, eats breakfast and we head to different rooms to get dressed. I peck Maria on the lips and we go to Thomas's room to get dressed.

"What'd you bring to wear for today?" Maria asks me, and I spin around in my favorite pale blue dress and black converse.

"God, you're gorgeous." She says and I blush.

"Trust me, babe, if anyone's gorgeous, it's you by far." Now it was Maria's turn to blush. She yanked on a red skirt and a black form fitting t- shirt. We walk out hand in hand, just like I see Thomas and Alex doing every once in a while. It's cute.

Everyone brought their school bags last night so we grab them up and walk together to the main campus. We really look like a group that could mess someone up. Angie and Herc lead the group, with Lafayette, John and Peggy behind them. Thomas, Alex, Maria and I spread out in a line at the back. We all talk and laugh until we get to where our classes are. Alex and Thomas aren't attending class today, tomorrow, or Thursday, so they say goodbye. I pull both of them into hugs and whisper into Thomas's ear,

"Keep an eye on him, okay?" He nods and I hug him again.

"Thank you." I smile at him and we all wave at them, then walk inside. My first class is Art History with Maria, so we separate from our squad and walk hand in hand. I'm still thinking of Alex.

"Babe, are you okay?" Maria asks, looking a little worried.

"Yeah, what's up?" I lie, and my cheeks flush a light pink.

"I asked you where you wanted to get lunch four times and you never answered..." she tells me and I apologize quickly.

"I know it's about Alex. He has Thomas, I'm sure he'll be fine." She says and I nod, trying to convince myself I'm fine.

"But, you never did answer my question? What do you want to do for lunch?" She asks, giggling a little.

"Let's do... SmashBurger?" I say, asking to see if she wants to go.

"Yeah! Love me some SmashBurger." We laugh and walk in to class. I stop worrying about Alex for a while. I know Thomas will keep him safe.

- ALEXANDERS POV -
I wake up first, at 4:45 am. I'be never been very good at sleeping in, or rather, sleeping in general. I get up and take a shower, even though I'm not going to classes today. It's a Tuesday, and I go back Friday. Hopefully these next 3 days will help me relax and sort of reset my mental health. I strip down and turn the water up really hot. Stepping in the shower, I let the water run over my face and body. It feels really good. I wash my hair and use a washcloth and soap to clean off my body. I look at the bruises from Lee. They're all over my stomach and arms, as well as my face. I see my cutting scars on my arms, my legs. Thomas claims to love my imperfections. I hate my body, which causes some problems. I hardly eat and run on coffee. I feel fat often and don't eat until I'm satisfied with how skinny I am.