Chapter 21: Discussions and Descisions

- ALEXANDERS POV -
Today's the day. The day we talk to Eliza and Maria about Eliza being our surrogate mother of our child.

It's the day after graduation. I wake up and rub my eyes, confused when cold metal meets them. My eyes snap open and I realize it's just the ring. The ring. I'm engaged to the man of my dreams. I smile and roll over to see Thomas, already awake and scrolling through his phone.

"G'morning, love." I say, moving closer to kiss him. He clicks his phone off and kisses back, then rolls off the bed. I laugh at him and he fake glares at me. We get up and get dressed, and I feel the nerves kick in. I still have anxiety, though it's gone down significantly. But in moments like this, it peaks back to freshman year. I swallow my nerves, telling myself it'll be ok. I finish dressing and brush my hair and teeth, then meet everyone downstairs. Or rather, Eliza, Maria and John, who are the only ones awake.

"Morning guys." I say, walking down the stairs and into the kitchen. John waves to me as he sips his coffee, looking tired after the party last night. Maria and Eliza are sitting on the couch, just waiting. We're going to breakfast, the two girls, Thomas and I, to discuss her being our child's mother. I sit next to John, making small talk between him drinking his dark coffee. I can tell he isn't in the mood for a real conversation, he looks exhausted. Thomas finally comes down the stairs and walks over to me. I say goodbye to John and the four of us walk out the door, quietly closing it behind us so we don't wake anyone else.

"Where do you guys wanna go?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Bob Evans!" Maria and Eliza chorus, and we all laugh. We take separate cars so we don't have to cram in one.

10 minutes later, we're seated at Bob Evans.

"What can I get for you guys to drink this morning?" The waitress asks. We all order coffees and she comes back s few minutes later to bring them to us and get our food orders.

"So. Eliza, did you tell Maria why we're here?" I ask through bites of my French toast.

"Um, no actually. I thought maybe you'd want to tell her?" She says, looking about as nervous as I feel.

"Ok. So, Maria. Now that we've graduated, Alex and I have been talking about having kids. And we were wondering if Eliza could be our surrogate mother of our child." Thomas explains.

"That is... not what I was expecting, but cool! But why'd you call me here?" She asks, confused.

"Well, you're Eliza's SoulMate and we wanted to know if it'd be ok with you for her to be pregnant for us and for one of us to, um.." Alex says. Maria laughs.

"You guys are my best friends. Of course I'd say yes. Go crazy! But not... too crazy of course." We all laugh again. We talk baby names and nursery designs throughout the meal. After about an hour, we pay and leave, thanking both Maria and Eliza for agreeing. It's a big thing to take on, especially just out of college.

We go back to George and Martha's and everyone is awake, drinking coffee and packing up their things. We greet them and decide to tell George and Martha the news.

"That's amazing! I'm going to have grandchildren!" Martha says excitedly after we finish telling them. She pulls us into hugs and I see that her eyes are full of tears.

"Congratulations, son. You deserve it." George says, patting my back. For once, I don't reply that I'm not his son. He catches this and smiles.

*time skip to one month later, brought to you by writers block and anxiety™ *

"Alex!" I hear Eliza scream. The 4 of us have been living together so we can help Eliza until the baby comes. Thomas and I mixed our DNA about 3 weeks ago, so we're in the waiting period right now. I run into her and Maria's room and see her sitting on the bed.

"What's up, Eliza?" I ask her. She grins wide.

"You're going to be a dad, Alex." My mouth hangs open in shock. I knew this was coming but I'm still surprised. I pick Eliza up and twirl her around, spinning in a circle like we used to do when we dated. I kiss her forehead happily and look down at her stomach, smiling more than I thought was even possible.

"I need to call Thomas." I say and she nods. I pull my phone out of my pocket and we sit on the bed, her small hand in mine.

"Hey love. Somethin' wrong?" Thomas says when he answers.

"Nope. Nothing's wrong. In fact, it's the opposite of wrong." I say, trying to see if he'll figure it out.

"Alex, what's going on?" He sounds confused.

"Thomas Jefferson, we're going to have a baby." I tell him. I hear a gasp and muffled crying. I can tell it's from happiness.

"This isn't a joke?" He asks, disbelief lacing his voice.

"Hell no, it's not a joke! We're parents!" I nearly shout into the phone. I'm so happy. I know Thomas is too.

"I'm sorry, darling, I got to go, but we'll celebrate when I get home?" He says, sad that he's to hang up.

"Of course. Love you."

"Love you too, Alexander." He says. I think I hear him quickly whisper, "and baby," but I could be wrong. I hang up and look back to Eliza, who's touching her stomach.

"How can I ever repay you for this?" I ask her, happier than ever.

"Take care of the child. And let me be his aunt or something while he's a baby. We can tell him I'm his mother when he's older." She says and I nod. I'm still in shock.

When Thomas and Maria get home a few hours later, we announce the news again, even though they already know. We end up going out to eat, just like we did after graduation, except for dinner.

"Ok, so if it's a girl, what will her name be?" Maria questions.

"Alex and I were talking about Pippa. It's such a cute name! Or Amber. Pippa or Amber. The middle name for Amber would be Lucy, and for Pippa it'd be Rachel." Thomas tells them.

"Aww! Those names are adorable. But what'll they be if it's a boy?" Eliza asks.

"Philip James or Noah Richard are our top picks, but I personally really like Philip." I respond. They aww at the choices again.

"How's the wedding planning going?" I hear Maria ask.

"Well..." I laugh. "It's not really going. We've done absolutely nothing so far except establish that we're having a wedding." I say. We all laugh and Eliza says,

"Start with when you want to have it and where. Then do color scheme, flowers, food, invitations and do the honeymoon last."

"How do you know so much about weddings?" Thomas asks.

"My mom was a wedding planner. There were piles of pictures and papers on her desk of ideas." She explains.

"Well, we'll have to talk to you some more about that, because we're absolutely helpless when it comes to this." I tell them. We eat and chat like a family. A family. I have a family again. And God, it's amazing.

AUTHORS NOTE: I know, it's a short chapter with a shitty ending, but writers block is annoying af. Anyways, a lil baby is coming! Do you think it'll be a boy or a girl? Comment!! Thank you so much for reading!💕
Word Count: 1301 words