Chapter 26: The End

AUTHORS NOTE: guys I might actually cry. Not only are we at the last chapter, but we got 2K reads. With everything that's been going on in my life right now, it's so fantastic to have support from you guys. I'll have another A/N at the end of the chapter but for now, thanks and enjoy.

- THOMAS' POV -
*5 years old after the previous chapter, Phillip is almost 6*

Eliza, Maria, and the 3 of us Hamilton-Jeffersons don't live together anymore. About 6 months after Alex and I got married, Mar and Eliza decided to move out and get their own space, and start a family. Today, we were going to visit them for the first time in about 2 months. We'd been very busy lately, with Phillip starting kindergarten, and Alex and I working.

I think over the past few years as I turn onto the road the Schuyler-Lewis's house is on. They hyphenated their last names at marriage just like we did. I find the address and park in the road by the mailbox. They bought a house with a big amount of land in the front, and the 3 of us love to walk through it.

Today's visit won't be like all the other visits, though. For all Pips life, we've told him Eliza was just a family friend; she had moved out around the time he turned 1, so it wasn't as hard to lie to him about who his mother was. We knew he'd still be a little confused, but we thought it would be the right time to tell him. He wasn't old enough to be mad at us for not telling him, and not too young that he would have absolutely no clue what was going on.

I decide to walk ahead, so I could clear my head a little bit. The long grass and wildflowers mixed with the fresh air always calmed me. I walked for about a minute until Alex caught up with me, holding Pips hand. His curly hair hit about his shoulders, and his brown eyes were full of happiness. My son.

"C'mere, Pip!" I say, holding my arms out to him. Philip laughs and I take Alex's hand.

"Ok, Philip, are you ready to go see aunt Angelica, aunt Peggy, and meet mommy?" Alex asks, ruffling his hair.

"Pip is ready!" Philip cheers. I scoop him up and twirl him around so he's laughing and giggling, then set him down. Me and Alex take his hands and we walk towards the house together.

Less than a minute later, we're in the house and everyone is surrounding Philip, talking about how big he is and asking about kindergarten. Eliza pulls me to the side.

"Were telling him today, right?" She asks. I nod in response.

"We can do it now if you want." I say.

"Ok. Hey everyone!" She calls, beckoning our family over.

Alex walks over to the chair in in and sits next to it in another, taking mine and Eliza's hands. I nod at him to let him k ow what's going on.

"Philip, can you come see Daddy?" He asks with a smile. Pip obliges and climbs easily into Alex's lap, curling into him the smallest bit.

"Pip, we have a special announcement for you." I say to him. Peggy gasps, realizing what's going on. She holds her hands over her very prominent baby bump contently when I nod at her to assure her she's right. Philip bolts up, excited at the mention of an announcement.

"What is it? I wanna know, I wanna know!" He says happily.

"Pops, can you tell me?" He asks me. I look at Alex in confirmation, to see if it was ok for me to tell Pip. He nods and I say,

"Well Philip, you know how you were asking about your mommy?" I say. Philip nods, remembering our conversation from about a week ago.

"Today you're going to find out who your real mommy is. You already know her, though. Do you want to guess?" I ask him. He nods his head rapidly and beams.