Chapter Three

First two scenes done. I am morealess here for ADR which isnt bad at all. Dakotas message is still pictured in my head. How can someone Ive known a short time know how Im feeling. I didn't let on. I can feel myself smile.

"Hey stranger!"

I turn and there stands Marcia.

"Hello!" She pulls me into a big hug and kisses both my cheeks.

"How are you doing?"

"Im good. Little tired but good. How have you been?"

"Very good. Kids are all doing good in school so I couldnt be happier. Hows your little one?" She smiles and I feel my heart break a little inside.

"Yeah shes good. Getting big now." I smile and try to hold it as best I can.

"Shes gorgeous your Dulcie. Always smiling. It was lovely seeing you darling! We will have to have a proper catchup after these reshoots!" She grabs her bag, kisses my cheek and toddles off in the direction of the trailers.

"Finally get you alone." I turn and there stands Dakota. Black jeans, black and white converse and a nike jumper. She looks warm. More than what I can say for myself!

"Hey. Sorry im just irresistible." I wink and she laughs before shaking her head.

"Lets walk and talk Mr Irresistible." She links my arm with hers and we walk slowly off the carpark.

"Gonna tell me whats wrong?"

"Nothings wrong."

"Its in your eyes Jamie"

"You been looking at my eyes?"

"Yes. They're a nice colour"

She laughs and slaps my chest with her other hand. I wince as a joke and her eyes widen.

"Did i hurt you?"

"No!"

She hits me again and rolls her eyes. Little miss moody today. We sit down on the bench and she starts to rub her hands together. I zip up the zipper on my fleece and push my hands into the pockets.

"Amelia and I got a divorce and I havent seen Dulcie since. She starts nursery soon. Shes getting so big and im missing out on her growing up." I mutter. I keep my head down. I dont want to be pitied on or for someone to feel sorry for me.

"Jamie thats... thats awful. Why didnt you say anything?" The concern is in her voice.

"Whats the point? Telling someone isnt going to change whats happened. I cope with things differently." I shrug and immediately she tuts.

"You bottle it all up and let it get bigger and bigger. You start overflowing and then you have a massive bust up. Jamie you need to tell someone. You can't let it all pile up. It can lead to.. well depression." Her hand slides onto my arm and she gives it a gentle squeeze.

"Ive never felt this low before. Ive never had to talk about my feelings because I was happy. I was so happy with my life. Amelia and I... we werent working and I didnt just want to be together because of Dulcie. Our happiness is important too. The day I told her she was upset, heartbroken. So was I. Then it all went sour. I moved out and The locks had been changed and I was told I couldn't see Dulcie. " i can feel my heart beating faster and Dakota moved closer.

"Jamie, You have the right to see your daughter. You have just as much rights."

I nod and look at her. Her eyes are fixated on me and her eyebrows are furrowed. She looks pissed off. I look back down at the floor and start to tap my foot.

"Look, Ill help you if you like. Ill help you get back to being happy and we can try our best to get you reunited with Dulcie. Shes a sweet, innocent little girl. Shes alot like her Daddy."

I look up and she smiles that little contagious smile of hers. I cant help but smile back. My arm moves and she's cuddled up to me. I rest my arm down so its rested on her shoulder whilst her head is on my chest. This is new.  Very new.

"You comfortable?" I start to draw circles on her arm and she shivers at my touch.

"Are you cold?" I frown

"Nono, what you did just then tickled. Itd be better to cuddle inside." She laughs and I watch as her eyelids close. She is a beautiful woman. A strong minded woman. Someone who would make you happy and only you happy in that sense.

"Never really cuddled like this before." I feel my body relax

"Never?" She sits up straight, rubs her eyes and looks at me

"Never ever. I used to sit like this with my Mum though. " I smile at the memories.

"What was she like?" Dakota brings her feet up and sits crossed legged looking at me. I shake my head and smile.

"My Mum was an amazing woman. A beautiful, amazing woman. You know sometimes I know if she were here she would give me a clip round the ear and tell me to stand up for myself and believe in myself. There isnt a day that goes by where I dont miss her or think of her. Shes always with me with whatever I do. Her cuddles and hugs were the best.. Id come in and sit besides her and she would play with my hair and stroke my cheek." I smile and look down. I can feel my eyes welling up. Talking about her is still a raw subject for me.

"Jamie, she would be so proud of you. Of all of you. Shes got grandchildren. The best Children of her own. You're right, there isnt a day where she isnt by your side. You will always have her memories and she will always be in your heart." She smiles and I lean over and pull her into a hug. I wrap my arms around her and she wraps hers around my neck.

"Thankyou. Thankyou for letting me talk about it all." I sob. She begins to stroke my back and I hold her tightly.

"Ay Don't cry. She wouldnt want that. I dont want that." She pulls back and smiles.

"Just think, what would your Mum say now? She would want the best for you and for you not to be crying!" Her hands move to my face and she wipes away the escaping tears that are falling down my cheeks.

"She would love that im actually talking about how I feel with someone." I can't help but look at her eyes and then her lips.

"Its much better than holding it in and hiding away.

I lean over and kiss her cheek. I pull back and her face is bright red. I laugh and shake my head.

"Cmon. Have to tell me whats wrong... you cant bottle it up." I wink and she shakes her head before hitting my knee.

"Shutup." She mutters

"Im pretty happy talking. You told me to talk." I wink and she shakes her head again.

I lean over and cup her face in my hands. Her eyes widen as she looks at me. I lean in and plant a firm kiss on her lips. She kisses back and i let one hand fall and the other hold her cheek. She pulls back and wide eyed looks at me.

"Jamie.... what was that?"

"A kiss."