Chapter Fourteen

Jamies POV
Its been a week back at work and I can already say Im missing being with Dakota and seeing Dulcie. This week my Dad is flying in with Dulcie and she is finally going to meet Dakota.
I know she has met her before but this time its all in different circumstances. I'll be introducing her as my girlfriend. I don't know how Dulcie will take it or how she will feel about it. I know she understands that me and her Mum are no longer together but I don't think she quite understands that I have fallen in love with somebody else.

"Jamie, how are you?" I look up at Evelyn and smile. She smiles back and takes a seat opposite me in the trailer

"I'm good. How are you? Can't be easy being out on set in this weather"

"Im all warm, the coats they have given us for this film are brilliant. I have alot of hand warmers aswell" she chuckles and tilts her head whilst looking at me

"What?"

"You just look happier."

"I feel happier"

"Thats good. I didn't think I would see that cheeky chappy smile again. Dakota really has brought you back hasn't she" I smile at the thought of her and realise how much she has already changed my life.

I was happy with Millie and I don't have a bad word to say about her because she is the mother of my child and our little girls sake I want to be civil with her and keep a good relationship. I just fell out of love, I didn't look at her and feel absolutely love struck, she didn't give me butterflies or make me smile as much as Dakota does. She makes me feel wanted and loved more than anything else in this world.

"You back from day dreaming?" Evelyn clicks her fingers infront of me. I nod and sit back.

"So, Im done for a few days. Is it okay I fly out to Dakota?"

"Its fine. Already sorted, I knew you would ask. Especially with your Dad coming in."

"That isn't until next week." I frown

"Nope, he is flying here today with Samina. Got some holidays and I thought it would be nice for you all to spend some quality time together."

"Thankyou Evelyn. You really are a life saver. Nice surprise!" I grab my bag from my feet and pull it over my shoulders and rest it on my back as I stand. Evelyn pats my back as I leave the trailer, she is close behind.

"Ill text when I land. When am I due back here?"

"In a week. They have the main filming and are on location for three of them."

"Just message me the schedule! I'll be off. See you in a wee while" I wink and she shakes her head and walks off in the opposite direction.

A few hours later and Im back on Los Angeles turf. I'm meeting Dakota at her place in an hour. She seemed way to excited on the phone, maybe Evelyn let her know about my Dad and Samina flying in earlier. I know I needed to let Dad know how I'd been feeling recently. He always told me I could come to him, especially when its about Mum. I guess I feel like dragging up the past may hurt him. Maybe it's because it hurts me that I automatically think it'll hurt him. Either way I still had demons I needed to face. You never truly get over the death of a family member, especially someone as important as your Mother.

I get to the apartment and I swipe my key against the hob. I head up and unlock the door. The apartment is empty and far to quiet. I spot Zep sat on his bed with his tail wagging. I shut the door with my foot and head into the kitchen. I rest the bags on the island and look around. Its clean but deafly silent. Where the hell is she?

"DADDY!" I look down to see Dulcie running towards me.

"Hello baby girl!" I kneel down so I'm at her height. She wraps her arms around my neck and I stand up with her and wrap my arm around her body.