Chapter Nine

Jamies POV

Dakota is off filming for another film. I actually didnt want the reshoots to end. Dakota has made me want to be a better man, a better dad and in general just be better. She has a beautiful ora that just connects with everyone. I don't even know when Ill see her again. We do talk when we can but her schedule is pretty busy. I have my own film to shoot soon. Its exciting but I feel our relationship is a little more exciting at the moment.

"So, whats been happening then?" My Dad looks at me from across the room and raises his eyebrow.

"Nothing much. Just been filming and reading through some scripts. Hows it been at home? Hows Samina and my annoying big sisters?" I roll my eyes and my dad shakes his head before smiling.

"Everyone is fine. Samina is caught up with work at the moment. Theres quite alot going on. I have to say, its weird not having you back home in Ireland. You have been gone quite a while now son."

"I know, i need space. I need a clear head before I can go and see Amelia again. Im probably the last person she would want to see right now anyway" I shrug and my Dad leans forward and places his mug on the table.

"Jamie, You have to understand that what she is doing is what any mother would do with their child. You didnt exactly act like a grown up when I was round there with you. It isnt fair I know but your actions cant be the way you were last time"

Last time I got angry and flipped the table. Luckily Dulcie was at her cousins house. Everything was more than stressful. I wanted to see my little girl and I wanted to sort things with Amelia then too. On a friend basis anyway. I guess you can't have the best of both worlds in reality.

"J?"

"Sorry. Zoned out for abit" I move around the kitchen island and take a seat opposite my Dad.

"How is she? Hows Dulcie?"

"Shes really well. Shes excited. Shes starting nursery soon so it'll be early mornings and something to get used to for her" My Dad smiles and my heart breaks a little inside.

My little girl is about to start nursery and Im not there to see it. Im not there watching her grow up.

"Hey... Jamie we will sort it okay? For now..." he pulls out an envelope from his pocket and slides it across the kitchen island. I stop it with my hand and look up at him.

"Open it."

I nod and do as he says. I tear the paper carefully and pull out whats inside. Out comes a photograph of Dulcie. Its from a photoshoot it looks like. I smile. Her little face is adorable and her smile is contagious. Even through a photograph. She looks so grown up. Happy. Her hands are crossed on her knee and her head is tilted to the side. Shes smiling with her teeth, all her little pearly white teeth. My god is she beautiful. My little princess.

"You know what was said behind the camera?" I look up from the photograph and catch my dads eye.

"What?" I wipe the escaping tears that are rolling down my cheeks

"Daddy."

I feel my cheeks dint in as a smile plasters across my face. My little girl does remember me and loves me just as much as i do her.

"Dad. I need to see her"

"You know that cant happen right now son."

"Why not? Ive done nothing wrong! She is half of me aswell! I have just as much right!" I bring my hands up to my face and cover my eyes. I can feel the tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Hey hey.." I feel my dads arms wrap around me and I hug him tight. I feel like a little boy again. That lost boy I was when my Mum died. I just want my little girl to grow up with me aswell. Not doubting how much I love her and how much she means to me.

"Look.. write a letter and Ill give it to her. Im seeing her tomorrow"

I look up and pull back. I wipe my eyes and look at my Dad.

"What?" He frowns

"Can I come? Ill stay in the car. Please Dad"

He looks at my sympathetically. He shakes his head and looks down whilst stroking his chin.

"Jamie, thats not a good idea. I don't want to jeopardise anything with Dulcie myself or Amelia."

"Dad, I won't do anything other than sit in the car. Even seeing her from afar is enough. I havent seen her in nearly a year Dad." I know he's thinking about it. Being back in London is hard. Especially knowing your little girl is closer than ever.

"Right. You stay in the car do you understand? Ill lock it if I have too. All im doing is dropping off some clothes your sisters got her for nursery."

"Its fine. You can trust me."

"Dont screw this up Jamie. This might be a good thing, show Amelia you can be an adult and not act like a child" His brow rises and he turns the page of the newspaper.

"Thanks Dad" I slide off the chair and head into the lounge. I sit on the sofa and pull my phone out.

"Hey Baby. Some news, Dads seeing Dulcie tomorrow and Im going with him. Not allowed out of the car but still a step forward. I miss you. Hows work?"

I click send and it comes up on imessage as delivered straight away. I tap my phone with my thumb and watch as delivered turns to read. I feel my cheeks warm up and I can't help but smile.

"Hey! Thats really good news. Its warmed my heart. Just show that you are trustworthy. I believe in you babe. Work is tiring, long hours and long days. I just want to sleep. I miss you too. I miss our cuddles and our late night random conversations. I can't wait to see you again. I love you. Yours Dakota x"

I love how she signs off with her name as If i dont have the name at the top of the message. She really is a doofus but shes my doofus.

"Jamie? Do you want anything from the takeaway?"

I look up at my Dad and nod. I grab the menu from the table and start to look at the food.

"Uh, just get me a chicken tikka masala and a naan bread with some chips. I have some beers in the fridge." I smile up at him and he shakes his head.

"Ill get you a coca cola." He turns on his heel and leaves. I slouch back on the couch and rest one leg on the table and the other up and over the back of the sofa. I start to text Dakota back.

"You'll be done soon. Ill see you very soon I promise. Still need to meet the family. Im proud of you baby. Very very proud."

I lean across and put my phone on the table. I rest my head on the arm of the sofa and slowly drift off.