4. because you were tearing her wallpaper

"it's a relic

"it's a relic." lydia said.

"what's a relic?" malia asked.

"it's an object with a fixed association to the past." skylar told her.

"jakes id was left behind after he was taken. and gwen found her sisters bracelet on her bedroom floor." lydia said.

"how can someone be erased, and still leave something behind?" malia asked.

"a conservation of mass. the total mass of any isolated system remains constant." lydia explained.

"so, even the ghost riders have a weakness." scott said.

"a relic would be proof that stiles existed." malia said.

"and maybe we can bring him back." scott said.

-

"you want to search my house?" sheriff stilinski asked skylar.

"people are leaving things behind. so if stiles left anything-" skylar began.

"why, why would it be there?" sheriff stilinski asked cutting her off.

"you can't just erase people. they leave things behind." skylar told him.

"i couldn't sleep last night. so, um, i got up, figured i'd do some paperwork. the files were in the back of my car. so, i, go to the garage, and some junk has fallen off a shelf and i, i stubbed my toe on an old baseball bat. without thinking i yelled a name." he told her.

you seriously have to find something better than a baseball bat.

"stiles." skylar said.

-

skylar was inside the sheriffs house and she was looking around for something, anything to help her prove that stiles was real.

"is there anything i can do to help?" claudia asked.

"no. but thank you, mrs. stilinski." skylar replied.

"well, good luck. i'll leave you to it." claudia said walking out of the room.

skylar went back out to the hall where she saw the old woman last time. she went back to the wall that she was staring at. she noticed that wall paper looked strange and went to peel it off but she jumped once she saw someone. she saw a boy.

"you didn't see it, did you?" he said.

"see what?" skylar asked.