15. not a dumb one

skylar and liam were in the kitchen while they waited for payton to get back from soccer practice

skylar and liam were in the kitchen while they waited for payton to get back from soccer practice. she soon walked into the house but she didn't make eye contact with anyone.

"hey pay- hey, what's wrong?" skylar asked, noticing she was holding her hand tightly.

but payton didn't say anything, she just rushed over to the sink and started washing her hand.

"i smell blood." liam said.

skylar looked in the sink and of course, there was blood in it. payton had blood on her hand.

"payt, hey, what happened?" liam asked her as she turned around and looked up at her boyfriend.

"i-i was getting my stuff ready to leave and they just came up to me and stabbed my hand." payton said showing liam her hand that had a small cut in it.

"oh my god." skylar said.

"who did this to you?" liam asked softly looking up into payton's eyes.

"it was gabe and nolan." payton replied making liam's blood boil.

"they're testing you guys. they're trying to see who heals and who doesn't." skylar said.

liam took payton's hand in his and kissed the top of her hand making payton give him a small smile. liam usually wasn't a soft person unless it came to payton. payton was the one person liam was gentle with.

"and that means they'll go after you too, liam." payton said looking up at him.

he let out a small sigh and he kissed her forehead before resting his on top of hers.

"don't worry about me, okay? i just need to make sure you're safe." liam said.

-

the pack had a plan to break into gerards armory. to distract him, they had caleb, liam and theo go to an abandoned zoo to make them think that the pack was staying there. mason and payton borrowed lydias car to lead nolan out to the zoo.

lydia, malia, scott, skylar and argent were all sitting in his van waiting for gerard and his men to leave. lydia received a text from mason and she turned around to face everyone.

"it worked." lydia told them.

"thank god." skylar said.

"it's about time." malia said going to open the car door.

"wait." scott said.

"i hear them, too." malia replied.

"hear what?" skylar asked them.