16. homicidal guinea pig

skylar was laying in a hospital bed, she was using her magic to heal the bullet wound in her shoulder

skylar was laying in a hospital bed, she was using her magic to heal the bullet wound in her shoulder. she was going to escape from the hospital. payton was too weak to use her magic to heal her and if skylar tried healing her, she could overuse her magic and it would make her weak as well.

lydia, payton, mason, melissa and rafe had to stay at the hospital while they recovered from being shot. skylar on the other hand wasn't going to wait in a hospital bed while scott and malia came up with a plan. she wanted to help.

skylar looked over at her phone and noticed she had many texts from stiles.

skylar felt strange being in a hospital bed and not having stiles sitting by her side. every time she got hurt, stiles was there.

stiles 💙
hey! i miss you!
skylar?
skylar are you okay?
please tell me you're okay.

skylar 💜
sorry i fell asleep i didn't mean to worry you babe
but i miss you too and i love you ❤️

skylar had went to go visit payton but she noticed that liam was already sitting by her bed and she decided to listen in and not ruin the moment. payton was asleep but liam was talking to her and holding her hand regardless.

"payt, i promise you that when i find out who did this, i'll make sure they pay. you know, it sucks to see you like this. i wish i could've protected you. i should've done something." liam said rubbing his thumb on top of her hand.

liam looked down at his beautiful sleeping beauty and kissed her forehead softly, letting his lips linger. he took away some of her pain.

"i love you payton davis." liam whispered.

liam and payton had never exchanged their i love yous. liam wasn't sure if payton could hear him or not, but he just needed to know that he said it to her. he loved payton and payton felt the same way about him. liam and payton reminded skylar of the younger version of her and stiles.

skylar went out to the hallway to see scott talking with the sheriff, skylar was out of her hospital gown and she was healed, well partly. she couldn't fully heal herself because her magic could only go so far but she wasn't going to tell anyone that.

scott who was talking with sheriff stilinski, looked up once he saw skylar in the hall. he was surprised to see her. he immediately went up to her and he had a relieved look on his face. scott was afraid that he was going to lose one of them. skylar was his best friend and he wasn't willing to lose her.

"hey, are you okay? you should be in bed, skye." scott told her.

"it's okay, i healed myself. i'm not going to sit around and wait for a war. i need to help." skylar told him.

"stiles wouldn't like this. he'd want me to keep you safe." scott told her, making her face soften at the mention of his name.

"i know, i know. scott, look, i can't die knowing that i never tried. and i sure as hell can't die knowing i won't see him again. i'm doing this so i can see stiles again." skylar explained to scott, making him nod in response.