7. phantom wife

skylar was laying in her bed

skylar was laying in her bed. she was thinking about stiles. she thought about how long she'd had known him, how long she'd had a crush on him, how long they dated, how long she loved him. and if he came back, would she still love him?

her mother walked into her room and sat next to her on the bed but skylar still stared up at the celling.

"still thinking about how to prove the riemann hypothesis?" amy asked looking at her beautiful daughter.

"i'm thinking about a dead kid i met in canaan." she lied.

"dead?" amy asked looking at her strangely.

"yeah, he drowned in 1985." skylar told her.

"okay. go on." amy said letting out a sigh.

"his mom conjured him. to fill the void she felt after that wild hunt passed through canaan. mom... what if sheriff stilinski is filling the void? what if he's filling it with claudia?" skylar said looking over at her mother.

"you think claudias dead? no, i... i just saw her." amy said.

"but mom, so many things don't make sense. she had a fatal disease, but then she turns out fine. she says her jeep was stolen 20 years ago, but it's stiles'. oh, you should have seen the look on her face when i peeled back that wallpaper. she wasn't just angry with me. it was like she was scared. as if she's protecting a secret." skylar explained.

"okay. if this is true, then... maybe sheriff stilinski needs it. maybe it's his way of coping." amy said.

"but, what if claudia being here is preventing him from remembering stiles?" skylar asked as her mother turned to her.

"skylar, if claudia isn't real, you don't want to be the one to tell him." her mother replied as skylar nodded.

she would tell him. skylar was willing to do whatever it takes to get stiles back.

-

skylar walked into sheriffs stilinskis home and she went down the hall where there was the wall paper. she saw that now there was a gaping hole in the wall and she stepped inside. it was a room.

"you knew about it, didn't you?" sheriff stilinski asked her as she smiled and nodded.

"god, it was on the blueprints. it was here when we moved in. that-that was 18 years ago." sheriff stilinski said.

skylar turned around and she saw a bed in the corner of the room that wasn't there before.

"stiles?" she said, seeing if he was awake.

"hmm." he humed.

"i can't sleep." skylar said, and then stiles got up and got in the bed with her.