17. render unconsious

skylar was asleep in the hospital bed but she was in a magic coma

skylar was asleep in the hospital bed but she was in a magic coma. she was stuck in her subconscious and she was seeing an old memory of her and stiles before he went away to virginia.

skylar was sitting on her bed looking through her family's old photo album. she was looking at pictures of him. she missed him terribly. today was his birthday and she always missed him most on his birthday.

she thought the reason why was because every year, he'd take out everyone to a baseball game for his birthday and she remembered her father explaining stuff to her about what was going on, every time she had asked a question about it.

skylar started planning baseball when she was 6 years old. she continued to play until her father passed. still to this day she hasn't played baseball.

stiles, who was gone for a moment to use the bathroom. came back in the room to see that skylar was crying a little and she was focused on the book sitting on her lap.

once he walked closer to her, he noticed what the book was. she was looking at pictures of her and her father at baseball games. stiles' heart ached for her. he knew it was shawns birthday.

stiles especially felt awful for her because he knew what she was going through. he felt horrible after his mother's passing, it was the kind of pain you wouldn't wish upon your worst enemy. but, this pain happened to effect not only him, but also the girl he loved.

"aw baby." stiles said quietly, walking over to the bed and took the photo album away from her, closing it and placing it on her bedside table.

skylar didn't react. she didn't make eye contact with him either. she just sat there and stared down at her hands. she wished more than anything that she could be able to use her ability to contact him, but she didn't know how.

the only person that was able to teach her how to fully use her ability is gone. her father was the only one that would be able to teach her the way she needed to be taught.

"do you wanna talk about it?" stiles asked her, rubbing her back gently.

"i just miss him. it hurts more and more every year." skylar admitted as tears fell down her face.

stiles cupped her face and turned her to face him. he started to wipe her tears with his thumb as he admired her.

"i know that there's nothing i can say that will stop you from feeling this way, but, you know what i can do? i can do everything i can to make you feel happy. at the end of the day, i know that's all your father would've wanted for you. to be happy." stiles said caressing her face.