Nightmare (SoMa)

Maka's POV~

The kishin in front of me bared it's dagger like fangs as it yet again missed its swing. I quickly jumped to avoid another one of its swipes, but it caught me in the leg.

It's claws dig into my left calf, causing me to yelp.

"Oi, Maka! Are you okay!" The voice of my white haired partner rang through the alley.

Replying with a simple "fine," even though I wasn't, I tightened my grip on the handle of my scythe. Rushing forwards as my battle cry echoed through the air, I aimed downwards towards the kishin's torso. But a split second before my attack hit, the kishin stopped it with it's claws. I held back a scream as I was immediately thrown backwards into the brick wall.

"Maka!" Soul yelled, his voice laced with worry. He transformed and ran towards me.

"Soul, look out!" I shouted, freezing in fear as I watched claws descend down from above.

The sound of tearing flesh could be heard, accompanied by a loud thud.

I glanced down and screamed.

"SOUL!"

---------------------

I woke up in a sweaty mess. A few seconds later, Soul busted through the door, his arm already transformed into a scythe blade.

"What happened? Are you hurt!?"

I simply shook my head, tears threatening to fall down my cheeks.

"Bad dream?"

I nodded

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

I nodded again.

He moved around to the other side of the bed and crawled underneath the light green bed sheets. In an instant, I was snuggled up against his side. The last thing I comprehended before I fell asleep was Soul's arm wrapping around my waist and pulling me even closer towards his chest.

------------------------------------

A/N: I'm terribly sorry, but I'm not very good at fight scenes. Despite my terrible writing, I hope you enjoyed! Votes and comments are very appreciated!

~Jade 💚