Right Along With Her (SoMa)

A/N: Have some tissues and ice cream nearby...

--------------------------------------------------

"MAKA!" I screamed, catching her before she fell to the ground.

Have you ever watched the person you love most, die?

I have.

Watching the life leave their eyes, knowing there's nothing you can do.

"S-soul?" She stuttered, then coughed up blood.

Covered in my own blood, my friends blood, my enemies blood, my lovers blood.

"I love you... okay?" I said, trying to remove the blade that protruded from her chest. I managed to get it out, but she was becoming deathly pale.

The whole world stopped. I could hear nothing except my own hoarse voice, my heart beat pounding in my chest.

"Maka, I love you. Please!" I begged, cradling her fragile body in my arms.

Her body fell limp, her own heartbeat stopped, she took her last breath.

"Please, Maka! Please wake up!" I wailed, rocking her back and forth in an attempt to wake her up. But I knew then that she was dead.

I let the insanity consume my soul. My blood turned black and my consciousness slipped away. I don't think it will ever come back.

I will never be the same again.

She always brought out the best in me.

And that part died,

Right along with her.

--------------------------------------------------
A/N: This was based off a comic I saw on Pinterest. I admit I cried... a lot...

~Jade 💚