Dreams (SoMa)

A/N: The song is "Still Here" by Digital Daggers. This one shot is going to based off of it.

--------------------------------------------------

Maka's POV~

Everything was a blur. Screams emitted from passerby' while I stood still in shock. The scent of blood tainted the air like perfume as I started to register what had happened.

The body of my best friend lay crippled and bloodied under the wheels of a truck. I gasped, tears managing to find themselves a home at the corner of my eyes. Pushing through a small crowd of people, I scooped him up into my lap. Holding his head up with my right hand, I buried my face into his chest.

"H-hey... Soul?" I questioned, shaking the boy slightly. His eyelids fluttered open into slits.

"M... aka..." Soul mumbled as he extends his hand and cupped my cheek.

"Y-you're going to be alright." I sobbed, hugging him closer. "Someone called 911, the ambulance should be here soon."

Soul coughed, a steady stream of blood exiting the corner of his lips and sliding down to his chin.

I glanced around, absorbing the panic-stricken and depressed facial expressions that adored other's faces. Focusing my attention back onto the boy I was holding, I looked into his red eyes and cried. They were glazed over.

Wailing, I continued to cradle his corpse against my chest.

"I-I never got to tell you that I love you!" I screamed through tears, brushing his white hair from his face. "Please... please come back to me..."

A few minutes later paramedics arrived, ripping my best friend from my arms. I screamed, kicked and punched. Anything just to see him one last time, but to no avail.

Soul Eater Evans. Pronounced dead at 12:34.

~Timeskip~

It's been a month since the funeral. My friends have been trying to cheer me up, though it's not working.

Tsubaki surprised me with flowers and and my favorite cake.

Black⭐️Star gave me his autograph.

Kid, Liz, and Patty bought me books.

I thanked them and smiled.

Over the past few days, I had perfected my fake smile. I seemed happy, but in reality, I wasn't.

I tried to commit suicide last night. I jumped from the roof of our apartment building, but I didn't die. I sustained serious injuries, but none were lethal.

"I wish you were here by me Soul. I wanted to join you. I miss you." I cried into my hospital pillow. "I only see you in my dreams."

Reality hit me like a bus.

He was truly gone. And I had to accept that.

--------------------------------------------------
A/N: ... Hope you enjoyed. 😭

~Jade 💚