My Sunshine (SoMa)

🎶You are my sunshine🎶

The ash-blonde haired female jumped upwards, as the kishin soul lunged towards her.

"Oi, Maka! Be careful!" The voice of her beloved partner rang through the alley. The girl nodded in response, swinging her scythe towards the soul who had lost it's humanity. It outstretched its claws, snagging the girl in the side. She let out a yelp, but tightened her grip on her weapon's handle and continued to thrust it forward.

🎶My only sunshine🎶

The kishin soul skidded to the right, dodging the female's attack. A male's figure reflected on the scythe's blade.

"Are you okay?" He inquired hastily.

🎶You make me happy🎶

"I'm fine Soul. Lets do it."

The male smirked, knowing what his partner meant.

"Let's go, Soul Resonance!"

The weapon and meister's souls started to resonate with each other. Power surged through the both of them, as the scythe blade grew double it's size.

🎶When skies are grey🎶

"Witch Hunter!" The girl shouted, swinging it at the kishin soul. Having no time to dodge, the blade sliced through the soul's torso.

The kishin soul burst into black ribbons, which eventually faded and left behind a floating red soul.

🎶I hope you know dear🎶

The boy transformed back into a human and approached the soul. Grasping it between his fingers, he dropped it in his mouth, and swallowed.

🎶How much I love you🎶

The girl suddenly retched and collapsed onto the cobble stone.

"Oi, Maka!" The male sprinted to his meister, kneeling down and propping her up with his arm.

"My side... It h-hurts..." The female said through tears. As the boy glanced at his meister's right side, he gasped.

Purple liquid oozed from the three long scratches that decorated her pale skin.

🎶Please don't take🎶

"The kishin soul must have laced its claws in poison before it struck. It's okay, Maka. D-don't w-worry..." The white haired boy stuttered, scooping the girl up.

She gagged again, but started coughing up blood. Her skin turned deathly pale.

🎶My sunshine🎶

"Soul... I-it's no use. We're too far away from the a-academy." The female huffed, struggling to keep her eyes open.

"N-no! It's not! Just hang on!" The boy quickened his pace.

"I..." She sucked in a breath.

"I l-love... y-you..." The girl managed to slur before she fell limp in her partners arms. He watched as the life drained from her eyes and how her soul wavelength slowly disappeared.

She died in her lover's arms.

🎶Away...🎶

-----------------------------------
A/N: *Currently curled up into a ball, shoving ice cream into my mouth* I even made myself depressed... Well, votes and comments are appreciated. Thanks for reading! *Hands out tissues*

~Jade 💚