The Zoo (SoMa)

Soul's POV~

"Soul let's go to the new zoo that just opened up!"

I opened my eyes to see who had disturbed my nap. Noticing it was my girlfriend, I sat up. "What?"

"Let's go to the zoo!" She laughed, tugging on my arm.

"Alright, alright. We'll go to the zoo, Maka. Let me go grab my wallet real quick." I yawned, grabbing my wallet that was resting on the side table. Maka was bouncing off the walls in excitement. Literally.

"C'mon, get in the car." I sighed. Maka responded by racing to the door and quickly opening it. As I exited the apartment, I laughed when I noticed Maka already sitting in the car. Jogging over to the vehicle, I entered the door on the drivers side and turned the car on. Gripping the steering wheel, I backed out of the driveway and started our drive to the zoo.

~Timeskip brought to you by Maka's excitement~

After I paid for entry, we entered the zoo. Maka grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the nearest enclosure.

"Look at the lions!" She squealed, pointing with her free hand at the two females that were sunbathing on a rock.

"I love cats." She giggled. This is a known fact, as we have our own cat back at our apartment named Blair.

After being pulled around for a while, she finally lead us to the giraffes. I watched as her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "Can we feed the giraffes? Pleeeeease?"

I laughed, nodding. "Of course, sweetheart."

After paying two dollars for a small bucket of carrots, we waited as the tall mammals made their way over to us.

Maka held out a carrot in her small hand, which one of the three giraffes gladly took. I admired the way the corners of her lips lifted up as the giraffes took the carrots from her hand.

"Patty would love this. Her favorite animal is a giraffe." I commented as another carrot was taken from my girlfriends hand.

"Of course she would! We should bring the whole group next time." Maka grinned, handing out the last of the orange vegetables.

A few hours later, we had explored the whole zoo and we left. Entering our car, I poked Maka's shoulder.

"Want some ice cream, babe?"

"Yes please!"

-------------------------------------
A/N: This was quite fun to write, because my family and I went to a new zoo a few days ago. Hope you enjoyed! As always, votes and comments are appreciated!

~Jade 💚