Mud Fight! (SoMa)

Soul's POV~

"It's finally the weekend!" I cheered, walking with my meister. Maka gave me an irritated look and sighed.

"Now that we don't have school for the next two days, I'm going to have to study harder so I remember what I learned today." Maka said, a childish smile plastered on her face.

I groaned, tugging the skin on her right cheek. "You ALWAYS study. You need to get out on the weekends more."

"I actually do my work, unlike you. Sometimes I even have to do YOUR work too." The girl pouted, slapping my hand away. "And stop playing with my cheeks, snowball."

I gasped dramatically. "How dare you call me snowball. That's such an uncool nickname."

Maka opened her mouth to reply, but was rudely interrupted by rain. It just suddenly started pouring and being the klutz I am, I forgot an umbrella.

"Come on let's go!" I motioned to my meister and took off, running back to our apartment. Walking up the stairs to the door, I was about to open it when I felt something wet and cold land on my back. Turning around. I saw Maka.

Maka's POV~

As Soul walked up to the door, I noticed multiple puddles nearby. I scooped up some mud with a hand and chucked it at my partner. The mud ball splattered onto the back of his shirt. As he was turning around, I scooped up more mud.

"What the hell Maka!?" He sighed, running his fingers through his wet hair. We were both drenched, and Soul was covered in mud. I laughed, throwing another handful of the brown goop at him. I missed though.

I saw Soul bend downwards picking up some of his own mud and shaping it into a sphere, like a snowball. He thrust his arm forwards, the mud ball hurtling towards me. It was moving so fast that I was unable to dodge, so it splattered as it landed on my right side.

I crossed my arms and did my best to muster up fake tears. It obviously worked as Soul was by my side in an instant.

"Are you alright?! Did I hurt you?" He asked, his voice laced with guilt and worry. I smirked, shoving mud into his face and rubbing it in his hair.

"Makaaaa!" Soul complained, attempting to get the mud out of hair. I was giggling like a maniac and didn't notice as Soul put his hands on my shoulders. I yelped as he pushed me to the ground and sat on top of me.

"Soul, get off."

"Nah. This is cool."

"SOUL! Don't make me Maka-chop you!"

That made him move. But as soon as I sat up, I was met with a bucket of mud poured over my head. I frantically moved the mud out of my eyes so I could see and glared at my partner as he rolled around on the wet grass, laughing.

I eventually went over to my weapon and laid down down next to him. We were both covered in mud and soaked to the core. But we didn't care. We had each other and that's all that mattered at that moment.

-----------------------------
A/N: I wrote one about mud, because my little brother wanted me to write something about mud. As always, votes and comments are appreciated!

~Jade 💚