Reminiscence

Daniel is finally here to pick me up. I run down the steps of my Dad's house and jolt open the door of his small Range Rover.
My Dad doesn't like him. The dad that beats me every day doesn't like the boy who treats me like a princess, how funny is that?
"DRIVE!" I say as I slam the door behind me he speeds off down the road.
I look in the rear view mirror and see him, my cowardly excuse of a dad, running down the thick pavement road and from this far away he looks nothing more than a tiny ant.
That was the last and final time I will ever see him and that's also the day I ever been my happiest self.
I was finally the ripe age of 18 got a house with the love of my life, little did I know he wasn't as perfect as I thought.
We began to fight, more and more each day he would get closer and closer to my head with his fist.
One day he got so close I tried to run away but his hand wrapped around my neck and pinned me against the wall.
He voice growled as he spoke so angrily.
He let go but only after My lips began to turn blue and I could feel my head spinning as I was about to faint. He lets go,I collapse to the floor, unable to breathe.
My eyes are blurry and heavy but before they close I see the back of his shoes slowly disappearing. He walked away from me...
••••••••
I open my eyes. Dean leans closer and closer. I get up and turn away before the tears begin to flow down my cheeks.
He comes up and turns me to him. He wipes the tears from my cheeks, hugs me tight, and says, "I'm not gonna hurt you."
Simply in that moment all the hate, the worry, the wounds and scars they all fell away. In that moment all I could think about was the warmth of his chest and his arms wrapped around me with his head laying on the top of mine.
I push him off and fall to the ground. Doctor Snow must have heard me and comes in with needle in hand to sedate me.
"DON'T!" Dean screams at her
"She needs to be able to feel without you fucking sedating her every 20 seconds cause she is crying!"
Doctor Snow tries to step towards me and Dean steps in front of me.
"Don't Touch Her!" He must have scared her because she immediately leaves the room.
Dean moves the tray and sets on the table at the foot of my bed. He picks me up and sets me on the bed. He puts the covers over me and sits in the corner of the room in some old rocking chair with uncomfortable cushions.
He stares at me with only pure kindness in his eyes, something I have never seen in someone before.
•••••••••
I watch as Dean rocks back and forth and memories on my mother come back.
I see her sitting in her rocking chair waiting for my dad to leave for work, she sits there and tries to knit but the black swollen eye she had was cutting off half her vision.
As soon as mom heard the door close she jumped up and ran up the stairs. My little feet took awhile to get up there.
She only packed hers before dad was home,He had left his lunch. His car door slammed. Mom ran for the garage door opened it started her car and backed out of the driveway.
She left me, her five year old daughter behind to become the one that her husband abused. He beat me that day for the first time. I became the one who he hated more than anything, and my mom became the one I will never forgive.
I cleaned, cooked, and took the abuse for the woman who walked out in the middle of a storm.
•••••••
I cried so much that I had passed out from not having enough nutrients in my body and lost all my water supply. Dean woke me up. He seemed as if he was crying.
"Dean? What'a wrong?"
"You were screaming and crying then you just passed out. You gotta stop doing this to me little one." He chuckled
I smiled back "why you afraid?"
He just stared and one simple word came out of his mouth "Yes."
I sat up slowly, him helping me a little, leaning me against the wall, tucking a pillow behind my back.
"Why do you care?" I ask
He says nothing once more.
He quickly leans in. I feel his warm, soft lips on mine. He caress my waist and pulls me closer. He slides his hand up to the back of my head and pulls me in.
I cant fight it, I want this.
I wrap my arms around his neck and it feels like the whole world in that moment stopped turning.
I pull away slightly looking into his blue-green eyes and I forget about my dad, my troubles, Daniel. I forgot about Daniel.
Relief floods my heart.
I scoot to the edge of the bed to allow Dean to lay with me. He snuggles up beside me pulling me close to his chest. I tuck my face into his jacket and fall asleep in his arms.