Chapter1

A/N ~ The story's cover is made by Mike-rowave >>

"MICHAEL I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!" I scream at the top of my lungs, running out of my room and down the stairs.

"What's that in your ha-"

"Not now mum." I cut her off. "Where the hell is Michael?!"

"He's out in the garden dear. What on earth is that smell?" My mum asks looking confused.

"I'll tell you what the smell is mum, ITS MY FUCKING HAIR!" I shout, making my way through the living room to the double glass doors which lead to our back garden.

"Language young lady." My dad scolds as he enters the living room. I turn around and give a quick apology and he looks up from his steaming coffee cup to see me for the first time this morning. His eyes bulge. "What in god's name have you done to your hair?!"

I don't say anything, I shove the glass doors apart with a deep scowl on my face, only to be greeted by a blinding light and my brother screaming "SMILE FOR THE CAMERA, SKY!"

I rapidly blink my eyes, trying to get rid of the blurry dots crossing my vision from the bright light.

"Oh my god, Sky! Have you looked in the mirror? This is hilarious!" Michael laughs, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"I FUCKING HATE YOU! WHAT KIND OF BROTHER ARE YOU?! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EVEN PUT IN MY HAIR?!" I scream, clenching and unclenching my fists, barely controlling my temper.

I awoke this morning to find myself attatched to my pillow. Literally. Attatched. I could hardly take it off my head, I had to tear it free. Whatever substance he had rubbed into my hair while I was asleep must have been very sticky and has obviously dried a matter of hours ago. My once soft hair now stands on end. I can actually take some hair in my hands and snap it. It isn't falling out but it actually snaps if I try to take a lock of it into my hands. Not to mention it stinks.

I propell myself off the decking in our garden that I am currently standing on in the hopes to tackle him to the grass. Unfortunately my plan doesn't work. I throw myself at him but he catches both my arms in his large hands. I try to struggle free, hoping to get my hands around his neck.

Damn it, why am I so weak?

"Oh Sky, this has to be the best prank I've done so far. Look at your little face!" He coos, pinching at my cheeks. I smack his face, and hard. He just laughs though, apparently feeling no pain.

I storm back inside to try and wash this out of my hair. Its not the first time he's done pranks like this, but it is by far the worst. "You've gone too far this time Michael!" I shout, stomping up the stairs.

"Oh come on!" He calls from the bottom of the staircase. "Its just a little fish guts, hair gel and super glue!" Fish guts explains the smell, I am more than annoyed at the fact he put that in my hair but what worries me most is the superglue. What happens if my hair begins to fall out? What does super glue do to hair?

"Super glue?!"

"Skyler, chill! Calm down!" He laughs, and with that he skips away singing.

This is such a common thing to happen in the Clifford household that mum and dad don't even bat an eyelid anymore. They don't intervene, they don't even punish Michael. He just gets away with it. I need to get him back this time, though. He's crossed a line. I've let him walk over me too long.

I lock the bathroom door behind me just in case Michael tries to pull another stunt while I am in the shower.

I wish my family was normal sometimes. I bet nobody else has this much drama at 7am in the morning.

-

A few hours later and things are back to normal - well as normal as they can be in the Clifford household.

I've cleaned my hair, it only took an hour and a half! It still isn't back to normal but I think its the best I'm going to get. I've had to cut knots out of it and give the ends a very squint trim. I'll be needing to go to the hairdressers pretty soon to fix the mess upon my head. I've also had to throw out my pillow.

I sit down at the kitchen table, planning on eating my breakfast. I go onto my tiptoes to reach the box of shreddies. Michael purposely puts my favourite cereal on the top shelf. He knows I'm short and struggle to reach. He also wakes up extremely early so I can't even stop it from happening.

I go to pour them in my bowl to find out there's none left. A sticky note falls from the box and into my bowl instead of food. It reads:

Sorry Sky, it appears I've eaten all your cereal! It must have been when you were taking so long to wash that fishy smell away.

Love your big bro Mikey ;)

I hate him. He's a nightmare. And he's extremely immature for his age, he's 18. 2 years older than me. He should pick on someone his own age and size. I'm ashamed to call him my brother. In fact, I can't believe I am related to him at all.

I decide to call my best friend Paige, she always cheers me up.

"Hey P, its me."

"Oh, hey Sky! What's up?"

"I'm having a bad day." I go on to describe the hair fiasco.

"Jesus Christ. Its not even lunch time yet!" She laughs.

"Yes I know, but I've told you before he's a nightmare and so is everybody else I live with." I give an exasperated sigh and examine the ends of my damaged hair.

"Want to stay at my house tonight? You sound like you need a break." She laughs again.

"Tell me about it. Sure, I'd love to. When is the earliest time I can come over and escape this hellhole?" I ask, desperate to leave.

"Hmm, probably about 1. I'll see you then?"

"Wait, I'll just ask first." I cover the phone with my hand so she cant hear.

"MUM, DAD, I'M STAYING AT PAIGE'S TONIGHT OKAY?" I yell from the kitchen. When I say id ask, I really meant inform.

"NO YOU'RE NOT, YOU NEED TO CLEAN THAT ROOM!" My dad shouts back. My room doesn't need cleaned, its an organised mess, he just doesn't understand.

I remove my hand away from my phone and say "Yes, see you there!"

"See you there!" She chirps.

A/N ~ So what do you all think?
Tell me if you like it guys♡