Chapter27

"NO! PISS OFF CALUM. YOU BETTER STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER!"

"I JUST WANT TO SAY SORRY. MICHAEL, MOVE OUT OF THE WAY."

"THERE'S NO CHANCE YOU'RE GETTING PASSED ME- HEY! GET OUT!"

I'm awoken with arguing from downstairs and I just have enough time to check what time it is, 1pm in the evening - Did I really sleep that late? - when Calum bursts through my bedroom door. His face slightly pink, one of his eyes swollen and a burst lip.

"Skyler, Sky, I-I'm so sorry! I never meant to hit you yesterday. I don't know what got into me, I-" Calum starts running a hand through his hair but he's cut off by my brother's loud and threatening voice.

"GET THE HELL OUT!" He appears in the doorway of my room where Calum is currently standing and grabs the collar of his tee, dragging him out the door and in the process Calum whacks his head off the door frame.

"MICHAEL STOP IT!" I cry, leaping out of bed and wince when I put too much weight on my foot. I hobble as fast as I can out of my door and down the stairs. "MICHAEL STOP!" I scream so that I get his attention. He turns around to face me, a fistful of Calum's tee still in his hand and immediately lets go. That's weird, even for him. I can never usually manage to snap him out of an anger tantrum like that.

Michael just stands stock still, staring at my legs. I look down to see what's so wrong with them, is it my pyjama shorts that's offended him? After a few seconds I take in the state of my legs. One of my legs has a dark purple bruise on my thigh about the size of my hand and the other legs ankle looks like its the size of an elephants. The doctor did tell me to stay off it since it was sprained but I didn't think it was that swollen. I have a graze on my kneecap too.

"I'm so sorry, Sky! I-" Calum looks at me, guilt written all over his face. I'm just about to tell him its fine when my brother speaks.

"Get out. Now." He says in a scarily calm voice and points to the door. Calum gives me one last glance before obeying Michaels orders and leaving.

"I don't think we can keep this from mum and dad, Sky. He did more damage than I thought." He runs a hand through his blue hair in distress whilst examining my legs. Mum and dad had went on a work trip on Saturday morning and said they would be back later on today. I made Michael promise me last night before I went to sleep not to make a big deal out of it and to not tell them. He obviously hadn't seen my bruising and had only thought I got a few stitches but I don't know what the big difference is really. I don't want them knowing, they'll be all fussy over me like what Michaels being right now.

"Its just a few bruises and scrapes." I wave my hand and dismiss his further protests by talking over him. "I wear jeans anyway, they wont see. Oh, and by the way. Don't act like that toward Calum. He lost his temper, that was all. He's genuinely sorry and I can see that, so you need to stop attempting to murder him." I give him a pointed stare before hopping back up the stairs to my bedroom.

-

Its about 3pm when the doorbell rings. I'm under house arrest and ament allowed to go out, I'm just to keep my foot elevated - brothers orders. To pass time for the last 2 hours I just lay on the couch downstairs and watched The Big Bang Theory box set I got last Christmas. I've seen all the episodes numerous times before and can quote words before they're said but it never gets old. After all, who doesn't love Sheldon Cooper?

Michael went to the supermarket to get something for us to eat - very unusual of him but then again, there was no food in the house and when my parents aren't here he usually relies on me. Seeing as I'm not in the best shape I think he manned up a little. Its too early for him to be at the door though. He just left 5 minutes ago and the supermarket we like is at least a 10 minute drive away.