Chapter16

A/N ~ Just warning you to not get your hopes up at the length of this chapter, most of it is lyrics to a song that 5 seconds of Summer sing! It took up quite a bit of the chapter haha D:

A week has passed since Luke and I's argument. I have to go back to school next Monday which only leaves a week left of free time. It feels like the Christmas holidays have came and gone so fast! It should be the exact opposite though. They're usually only two weeks long but since our school had heating problems and the pipes frosted over, they had to keep it closed way longer. Not that I'm complaining though.

My birthday is tomorrow and I'll be 17. That's the same age as Luke, but obviously he'll have been 17 longer than me.

It irritates me how much I think of him when I don't want to. After what he said to me last week, I wont forgive him. Whatever crappy state our 'friendship' was in before, its gone now. Its a shame really, considering he was really the only one of the boys my age there. Even if the others are just a bit older it would still be nice to have one a friend closer to my age.

I throw on my All Time Low tee, wear my usual stack of wristbands and pull on a pair of jeans and trainers. My Converse went better with this outfit but after I managed to peel them off my feet they were simply too ruined to save.

Shoving my thick brown hair into a ponytail, I skip downstairs and make my way into the garage. The usual sound of loud music greets me as I enter.

"WE HAVE GREAT NEWS SKY!" Ashton squeals as he sees me enter the garage.

"And what's that?" In fact they're all looking quite pleased. Even miserable Luke has a grin on his face, but it does die down slightly as he sees me.

"THE RESTAURANT DOWN THE STREET HAS OFFERED US TO PLAY FOR THEM ON SATURDAY NIGHTS AS ENTERTAINMENT! WE START TOMORROW!" He runs across the garage and envelopes me in a hug.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" I smile, hugging him back.

"You'll come along right? We play at 7pm!" He begins jumping up and down with glee but still keeps his arms wrapped around me which just makes it hard to breathe and kind of awkward. "Oh, sorry!" He laughs, letting go.

"Its Skyler's birthday tomorrow." I hear Luke mutter quietly, looking anywhere but at me. I notice that he calls me by my full name. The last time I actually had any form of conversation with him was our argument. He tried apologising a few times for a couple of days but gave up when I just ignored him.

The idiotic part of me is happy. Touched that he remembers my birthday considering I don't remember telling them when my birthday was except for when we first met and were questioning each other. Especially when I see Michaels eyes widen, showing me that even he forgot. My own brother who's known me for 16 years of my life. I can tell Ashton and even Calum forgot too. Typical.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to, since it is your birthday." Michael says. He's been acting a little nicer - when I say nicer, i don't mean perfect brother kind of nice. I mean he hasn't attacked me or banned me from the garage - since he seen me cry and hasn't pranked me this whole week. I suppose its about time but its a little disappointing that it took seeing me cry to make him stop.

"I've got an idea!" Ashton shouts, his eyes alight with excitement. "You can come see us at the restaurant. Then afterwards we can all go party at my house! Unlike you four, I have a house of my own so nobody needs to keep the place clean. I CAN LIVE IN FILTH FOR MONTHS!" With his last sentence he does a forward roll across the garage's concrete floor - which must hurt his head - and jumps up doing a karate kick in mid air.

Sometimes I worry about him.

"Will there be alcohol?" Calum asks with a glint in his eye.

"Duh!" Ashton shouts.