Chapter36

"So why have you all brought me here?" I ask for about the hundredth time since the boys had brought me to the oddly posh restaurant, a week after Luke and I's secret relationship began. Too posh for us anyway, we look very out of place. Everyone else in the restaurant seems to be wearing late evening type dresses or suits and then there's our table. All of us wearing band tees and jeans apart from Ash who's wearing a marvel tee and god knows why, a wrestling type mask thing that covers his entire head. There's been holes cut out of it for his eyes, mouth and nostrils but its very creepy. He's calling himself a ninja.

"Guys?" I ask impatiently when nobody responds. A snobby looking woman passes by our table wearing a very formal looking dress and mutters something under her breath, looking at us with her upper lip curled in disdain. "Guys, why the hell are we here?" I half shout-whisper so that the woman cant hear us and judge us anymore than she already is.

A woman who I'm presuming to be the waitress saunters over to our table. "Can I take your order?" She asks, leaning over the table to not so subtly highlight her v-neck cut dress which exposes more of her cleavage than I'd like to see. She looks about our age.

Annoyingly, the boys are all gawking at her which is what she was aiming for - even Luke. A satisfied look crosses her face but of course that's not what the boys are staring at. She looks at Luke a little too long for my liking.

"I'll have a Sprite, please." I say through clenched teeth. The boys seem to compose themselves and order their drinks, Luke shoots me a confused glance.

Once she leaves, I catch the waitress giving Luke a wink and rage fills me. Its the last straw.

I push my chair back with a loud squeak as its legs drag across the floor. "Just going to the toilet." I mutter before speedily walking away.

The bitch. Couldn't she see we were together?

Of course she couldn't. Because we're a fucking secret.

I spy the sign for the toilets and quickly walk in. I go to the sink and splash cold water on my face in the hopes to calm me down before looking in the mirror that's above.

"JESUS!" I scream when I see Luke reflected in the mirror standing behind me.

"Sorry." Luke laughs.

"What do you want?" I snap, turning around to face him.

"So I was right, you aren't okay." He murmurs more to himself than me. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." I try to say believably but I cant hold his stare with those blue eyes of his. He walks toward me but I step back, bumping myself into the sink with a yelp.

"No you aren't. What's wrong?" He asks quietly, bringing his hand up to cup my face and I automatically lean into it which brings a small smile to his face.

"Did you not see that waitress?" I blurt out, not being able to hold my emotions in anymore. I take my head out of his hand and turn my back on him so that I can splash some more water on my face.

"The waitress?" He frowns in confusion.

"No. The fucking giraffe that was taking our orders and flirting with you. Yes it was the waitress, Lucas." I mentally slap myself for calling him Lucas again. Luke reaches around me and turns the tap off before spinning me back around to face him.

"Flirting? You're worried about her flirting with me?" I give an embarrassed nod and he lets out a short laugh. "Why on earth would I take an interest in her when I have you?"

"But she was so attractive and-" He puts his hand over my mouth to stop me talking.

"And so are you. Don't ever think otherwise." He says very seriously before slowly taking his hand back. The fact that Luke just called me beautiful is making me feel giddy with happiness but I'm not falling into that trap.