Chapter24

"So I take it you wont be watching band practice then?" Luke sighs, fixing his hair in the mirror so that it doesn't look like he's just woken up. We had only been asleep for a few hours and its just about time for their practice in the garage.

"As tempting as that sounds, I think I'll pass." I scrunch up my nose. I'm not ready to face Calum, not yet. Especially considering it wasn't even 5 hours ago that I walked in on him and his 'girlfriend' at it.

"Just call me anytime you need me alright?" Luke says and I nod. I feel glad he's here.

"Well, I-uh." He looks down at his feet. "Guess I'll see you later." He leaves my bedroom and I hear his footsteps heading down my stair and the front door bang shut, signalling he's left the house.

With his absence I feel extremely lonely. It hit me like a boulder as soon as he left the room.

I want more than anything else right now to just be with someone. To just have someone keep me company would be nice...

I haven't called Paige in a while so I pick up the phone and dial her number.

"Hey, P." I sigh into the phone when I thought she picked up when in fact she didn't. Her voicemail sounds through the phone and I hang up feeling more alone than I ever have.

-

The week passes roughly the same until Saturday. Being lonely, going to school and talking to Paige, going home, feeling a bit depressed and calling Luke. The same boring cycle over and over.

Its Saturday today, the boys will be down at the restaurant soon and in the last few minutes I've decided I'll go. I'm dragging Paige along with me too. I've told her about the Calum situation and she went nuts. I cant hide from Calum forever. I'm mature, I can handle this like an adult no matter how much it hurts when I look at him.

I pull on my Bring Me The Horizon tee, a pair of jeans, my trainers and my leather jacket, before heading downstairs.

"Where are you going?" My dad calls in that voice that's about to tell me I'm going nowhere.

"Somewhere your not." I huff and slam the door closed behind me. I'll have to apologise later, I'm just nervous about having to face Calum again. Its not like I'll talk to him because I don't intend to go into the little room that I usually went in when I was with them. Just sit there and listen with Paige, showing my face so that they know I'm over it and that I'm fine now.

I meet Paige outside the restaurant. She's got her blonde hair tied into a loose bun and she's wearing a pale blue skater dress with black flats. She easily pulls of the look of 'I'm not trying but somehow I look flawless'.

"Sky!" She squeals as she sees me nearing her, before flinging herself on top of me and giving a huge hug.

"Hello?" I awkwardly hug her back wondering what all the fuss is about. "I did just see you yesterday at school, you know?"

"Yes, but this is a big deal!" She says, detaching herself from me.

"Care to enlighten me on why that is?"

"Because Calum was your first proper boyfriend." She emphasises the word proper because apparently having a relationship when your 12 doesn't count.

"And?"

"Well he made a crappy impression on you about relationships and now it looks like you don't want one anytime soon." She's got that right. "So we're going to get you a guy."

"Pardon?" I choke out. She's totally contradicted herself. No, I don't want a relationship, so why the hell is she wanting to get me a guy?!

"We're going to get you used to flirting. A one night stand always cheers me up after my boyfriend dumps me." She shrugs like what she's saying isn't anything out of the ordinary. And maybe it isn't for her, but that is way out of my comfort zone. There's no way that that's happening.