Chapter33

Somewhere in the past few weeks, Ashton and I have formed a silent agreement. I'm not sure how exactly it happened or how it turned into a weekly occurrence, but every week after band practice Ashton hangs around for a little longer than the others and we devise plans. Plans about Luke. Sometimes he just pops over to 'visit my brother'. He spends about 5 minutes with Michael and pretends he's left when he in fact sneaks into my room so we can plot.

Ash seems to think that Luke likes me and I'm still unsure so he said he would prove it. Ever since then we've been planning on ways to prove Luke's non-existent feelings toward me or provoke him so that he spills his 'undying love' for me.

"Maybe we could pretend to go out? That'd do the trick wouldn't it?" Ashton asks as I walk into my room. I've just come back from a stressful half day - a Friday at school - and wasn't exactly expecting to see Ashton already here. He's hanging over my bed, his back on the mattress and his head almost touching the floor making his hair flop upwards.

"Do you really want my brother to beat you to a pulp? I struggled to keep him under control with Calum, never mind when we had that whole...drama...at the restaurant." I sigh, kicking my black shoes off and they fly across the floor.

"Maybe not." Ashton says and scrunches his nose, sitting up normally on the bed. "That's irritating me." He states, looking at my shoes on the floor.

"What?"

"Your shoes. They're not next to each other. What if one of them gets lonely? They need to be in pairs." Ashton huffs.

"You're so strange." I laugh, shaking my head. I loosen the tie that's around my neck and take it off over my head, throwing it on the floor too next to one of the shoes. "Is that better? Now the shoe isn't lonely." I'm grateful to get the tie off. The teachers walk around the school and have eyes like hawks. If your tie isn't up high enough - Their standards of a high tie is ridiculous. They must have a mission to strangle every pupil that attends the stupid high school. - they shout at you until you fix it...very embarrassing if you're in a crowded hallway.

"No its not better. Look, what about the other shoe? Now its just going to get jealous of Mr Tie and his partnering shoe having some mad love affair." Ashton huffs and then bursts out laughing. "Wait, look. I could be Mr Tie and your the shoe that's with me. Lonely shoe over there is Luke." He points enthusiastically to the things on the floor. "This is a piece of art, look-"

"Ashton, stop."

"No, but look-" I cut him off by picking up the pillow from my bed and whacking him across the head with it. It successfully shuts him up and in the process, knocks off his red bandana that he never seems to part with. Unfortunately Ashton doesn't seem to like living without his bandana on and he seems to be angered by it falling off. He picks up my other pillow and throws it toward me.

It hits me square in the face.

Since recently I seem to be the most clumsy person in the world, this just proves it even further. The pillow knocks me off balance and I trip over my feet before falling on my bedrooms floor.

"Nnugh!" I make a startled noise as I hit the ground and of course Ashton makes the situation worse. He decides to take the opportunity to leap on top of me, pinning me to the floor and whacking me over the head countless times with the pillow.

I manage to tug the pillow from his grasp and fling it to the other side of the room. Ashton, seeing no other weapon near his hands decides to tickle my rib cage instead and I burst into giggles.

"Ash, st-stop!" I wheeze in between laughs.

"I'm sorry but everybody knows that bandana stays on my head."