Chapter7

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I hear Michael screech from upstairs.

"WHAT IS IT DEAR BROTHER?" I call, clicking the record button on my phone and positioning myself at the door.

I hear loud footfalls thumping down the stairs and my brother enters the living room.

"MY HAIR PINK!?" He yells and I burst out laughing. His hair isn't just pink, it is bright pink. He spies the camera I'm holding. "YOU! Y-YOU DID THIS?" His eyes bulge out their sockets.

"The one and only!" I giggle, backing up a little with the camera still in hand, recording. "Thought you would need a taste of your own medicine."

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!" Michael lunges toward me and I dive for the couch. I land on the puffy cushions and Michael falls into the wall. "I AM GOING TO KILL YOU SKYLER." He growls and I make a mad dash for the living room door.

I bump into my mum in the hallway and she spills her cup of tea a little.

"Oh! Be more careful please, dear!" She scolds but I run past her, trying to get to the stairs. I look behind me and see Michael shoving past mum, making her completely drop her tea. The mug smashes on the floor and I hear mum begin to yell. I don't watch much longer because I don't want to be caught by an enraged Michael - god knows what he'll do!!

I run into my room and shove my chest of drawers in front of the door just in the nick of time. A loud thud sounds after I've put it there, Michael. The thuds continue as he tries to break my bedroom door down and I just lie on my bed laughing. I turn my phone off record and watch the video. Its hilarious!

Every now and then I double check the door is still up. I don't doubt my brothers strength and I hate the fact that my door has no lock. Even after my hair fiasco my parents refuse to let me get a lock on my door. Their excuse being 'What if there's a fire and you get yourself trapped in there?'

I fear Michael more than flames, I'm sure Michael could do a hell of a lot more damage.

"Karma's a bitch, isn't it Mikey!" I call from my room knowing fine well he's still outside, no matter how much my parents are currently yelling at him saying he's going to damage the house if he continues that racket - meaning him trying to break my door down.

"You're a little brat, you know that? You've got to leave at some point, I'll wait here forever. You'll be sorry you did that, you don't know what you've just started."

"YES I DO, THIS IS WAR!" I yell, feeling like I'm in a movie.

-

"But it was hilarious! I'll send you the video after our phone call!" I laugh, talking to Paige. I still haven't left my room since 9am this morning - when Michael dyed his hair. Its 8pm now, I'm starving but I'm too scared to leave my room. The novelty of the whole thing died down with each hour of Michael threatening me, saying I was dead. Hour after hour.

"It sounds it!" She laughs. "You definitely have to send me the video though. I'm sure he'd suit any colour of hair."

"Okay, enough, I've heard enough about your fascination with my brother." I groan through the phone.

"Well, unless you have any other hot boys to talk about - which I assure you, you never do - we will continue to talk about your brother!"

"Well...actually..." I think about telling Paige about my brother's best friends. I don't know if Michael is still outside though so I quietly move the chest of drawers to the side of my door and peek outside. He isn't there so I put the drawers back again, just in case, and jump back onto my bed.