Chapter21

"That was great!" I give the boys a little applaud as they walk back into the private room from the show looking all sweaty and disgusting. This is the boys third week performing in the restaurant and this Saturday - today - they were offered a back stage room for before and after their show. Apparently they deserved it because they'd been attracting loads of new customers to their restaurant.

I was just happy to not have to sit by myself awkwardly in the crowd again. Don't get me wrong, it was nice meeting Jarvis but last Saturday it was just awkward when I seen him here. He didn't sit down, he just sort of gave me a lazy smile. I asked Luke if anything happened between Jarvis and I but he said no...I still have my doubts.

I've been sitting in this room for about an hour, listening to their music and girls screams. The only reason I could tell they were coming was from the eerie silenced that followed.

"Thanks Skyler." Luke laughs. See, if we went back a few weeks, to have Luke both speak to me in public and laugh in the same sentence would be nothing short of a miracle. I'm happy its happening more often now. He comes over and sits down next to me on the small couch in the room, receiving a glare from Calum who shortly follows and sits on my other side.

Great. This is like a sweaty sandwich. Calum and Luke being the bread, me being the unfortunate filling.

"Thanks babe." Calum puts his arm around me and I dart up.

"I'm sorry, I cant. You're both really sweaty and..eugh." I shudder and Ashton and Michael begin to laugh. That's only partly the truth. I've been keeping my distance a little from Calum. The guilt is eating me from the inside out and I really am struggling to look him in the eye, never mind kiss or hug him. I don't know why I'm fine with Luke doing it now and not him since he played a part in all this too. If anything I should be more awkward with Luke instead. Its just with the friendship we have now...it just feels so natural. His hugs are just so comfortable and it might sound strange but it just feels like I fit in them better.

"You didn't used to mind so much." Calum frowns.

My eyes must quickly flit to Luke because Calum turns his frown to him and begins to glare.

"What the fuck did you tell her?" Calum hisses.

"I didn't say anything." Luke spits back in reply, glaring just as ferociously at Calum as he is at Luke.

"Sky, can I talk to you in private for a moment?" What on earth is happening between the pair of them and what doesn't Calum want me to know?

I look at Michael and Ashton but they seem to be just as confused and oblivious as I am.

"Yeah, sure." I shrug, confused.

Calum quickly takes off his sweaty vest and sprays on some deodorant before sticking on a fresh tee.

He grabs my hand and leads me out the back door of the room we're in. I was pretty sure that was a fire escape door but I don't hear an alarm go off. He closes the door behind him and we're out in the cold night air by ourselves.

"What's wrong? You've been weird with me since the party and you wont come around to my house. You're always busy now." He asks with a concerned look on his face. Oh god, kill me now. Why did I have to sleep with Luke!?

"Nothings wrong." Lie. "And I have just been really busy." Another lie. "Don't worry." Lie. Calum should be worried, after all, I woke up in bed with someone who is currently his enemy.

"Did Luke tell you anything strange? He lies a lot you know." Calum says looking slightly worried.

"No..." I pause. "What does he lie about?"