Chapter18

I've been at the party for an hour and a half. Ashton's house is packed full of people and the music is almost bursting my ear drums with the volume its at. So far the party life isn't appealing to me so much. The meaning of 'I'll keep you company' must have a different definition in Calum's dictionary. Half an hour of the time he was with me but when he got a few drinks in him he wandered off and found some friends I didn't know.

I cant see Ashton or Luke anywhere. I can see my brother making out with someone in the back of the room though, a beer in his hand.

I haven't had any alcohol yet but I'm seriously considering it. Maybe it would loosen me up a little? I'm broken out of my thoughts when I hear a familiar voice.

"Alone again, are we?" Jarvis says, sitting next to me on the couch.

"Yeah, I suppose I am." I laugh.

"Want a drink?" I nod and he hands me a plastic cup filled with a red liquid.

"Thanks, what is it?" I look warily into the cup, not sure if I should drink it or not. It smells quite sweet.

"Cherry Vodka." He smiles. "You don't look like your much of a drinker, is it your first time?"

"Yup." I say, seeing no reason to bother lying and he laughs a little. I take a sip of the alcohol and am pleasantly surprised. Its quite nice. I take another sip, then another.

"You might want to slow down there." He grins. "Its quite strong." I just shrug and down the rest of the cup. I'm not particularly enjoying this party and I need to relax. The drink is making me feel better, dulling my senses. "Having a bad night or something?"

"You could say that. Apart from you, I know 4 people here. One I don't talk to and another my brother which I don't want to talk to." I sigh. "This is really nice!" I say and down the last of the cup.

"I talked to Calum a minute ago." He says with a kind of mischievous gleam in his eyes. "So your his girlfriend, yeah? I didn't know that when I met you in the restaurant earlier."

"Yeah, why?" I ask feeling slightly distracted. I look around for where the rest of this Cherry Vodka stuff is stored.

"Just wondering." He smiles. "Were you looking for the drinks? I'll get you another if you want?" He asks and I nod eagerly.

A few minutes later he returns with the bottle and some cups. Half way through my second cup I ask "So how do you know the boys?"

"I'm an old friend of Calum's." He smiles.

"That's nice!" I giggle. My head is starting to feel a little fuzzy. Not in a bad way or anything...I just feel a bit tipsy.

I finish my second cup and begin on my third.

"You might want to pace yourself there, the cups are a little big." He warns with a smirk on his face.

"How come your fine then?" I ask, noticing he seems sober.

"I'm used to alcohol, your just new at-" I cut him off when I hear Fall Out Boy's song Dance Dance blast through the speakers.

 "I LOVE THIS SONG!" I squeal, jumping up and clapping my hands together. I wobble a little on my feet and the room tips a bit but I ignore it and finish my third cup of Cherry Vodka. Where is it all going? Who keeps stealing all the drink from my cups? I'm not drinking this all, I don't drink.

I fill up my cup for the fourth time and take a sip before putting it down on the table.

"I can see that." Jarvis remarks, looking amused at my reaction.