Chapter28

"This was a mistake."

The words have been echoing in my head constantly since Luke first spoke them. Its been almost a week now and I still cant make those 4 words leave my brain. Its Friday today. I haven't been to school all week because I had to keep weight off my foot. I just told my parents I fell over and messed up my ankle, much to my brothers distaste. He wanted to blame Calum for everything. In fact, I think if he could get away with it, Michael would blame every problem he and the world has ever had on Calum.

I think he might have been more annoyed if it wasn't for Paige's daily visits. She needed to see how I was...I think it was just an excuse to see Michael more. I don't know what's happening between them but its certainly more than friendly.

The only drama I've had all week was the whole Luke situation. When Michael had come home I was still lying on the steps. He had to carry me up stairs because I just couldn't put any weight on it whatsoever. When he asked why I had moved I just said it was to go to the toilet and I fell, easily missing out anything to do with Luke's visit. I just have to pray that Ashton mentions nothing.

I roll out of bed and tentatively put my sore foot to the floor, testing my weight on it. Its considerably better, I can hobble about on it but its just extremely uncomfortable.

I make my way to the bathroom and lock the door behind me. I strip off my clothes and hop into the shower. Sometimes the heat makes me feel better, I'm not sure why it is exactly but it just does. When the doors closed, the steam from the hot shower fills up the room and its almost like I have a little sauna.

Once I've finished my shower, I wrap a towel around my body and grab one for my hair, twisting it around my head. I limp back through to my room intending to get dressed when I hear my phone ring. I quicken my slow pace and search for where the sound is coming from. A few seconds later and I find it under one of the creases in my rumpled bed cover. Its an unknown number.

"Hello?" I hesitantly speak through the phone.

"Hey Sky, its me, Jarvis." He chirps through the phone.

"How did you get my number?" I ask, frowning to myself in confusion.

"I have my sources." Jarvis says mischievously and I cant help but smile. Its been a while since I've managed to have a decent conversation which doesn't include pitying glances. "Anyway," He continues. "Before the whole restaurant thing happened we said we'd meet up. Well, I'm free. Are you?" I'm surprised he still remembers that after all that happened. I like how he hasn't mentioned any of the events of that night, unlike everyone else he isn't still hung up on it. In fact, it was him that got the worst beating, so if anybody should be complaining, its him.

Then again, it did look like he initiated that fight with his hand gestures of money - which I'm still none the wiser of why he did it and what its meaning was.

"Uh...hm...right, yeah? I suppose." I stutter. I was taken by surprise with his phone call and very forward questions. I don't particularly want to go out with Jarvis, its not that I don't like him, its just that I'm not very sure our meeting is just friendly to him. Whatever happened between us when I was drunk was simply a mistake. I hope he thinks that too and we can just be friends. I really am desperate for some reasonably normal conversation.

"I thought you'd be. That's why I'm waiting for you outside your window." He laughs. What?

I look outside my bedroom window and right enough, Jarvis is there, standing looking up at my window in my back garden.

"Wh-why are you in my back garden?" I ask, shocked.

"Well I didn't want to hang about at your front door because, let me guess, your brother wont want me anywhere near you right? Not after the restaurant fight between me and Cal." I flinch at the nickname he gave Calum. Its what Stella had called him and my wound is still healing about the whole Calum thing. But Calum was an ass and I'm above him. I'm the more mature person in our argument.