Chapter8

The next few weeks pass roughly the same. Instead of once a week, the band practices everyday. I think mum and dad are regretting giving Michael permission to play with his band mates in the garage now. I sit at the side, listen to them play their instruments and give my opinions.

I have to say, they've been getting better. They're definitely improvising.

I'm currently sitting on the spare stool at the side, listening to the band play the music to Year 3000 by Busted. They're pretty good at it but it would be better if someone was actually singing.

"Guys, you do know that bands usually have singers?" I say and my brother glares at me. "What? I'm just being honest. One of you must be able to sing..." My gaze meets Luke and he shakes his head frantically, as if asking me to not say anything about him being able to sing. I haven't actually heard any of them sing but I remember my conversation with Luke as clear as day. He did say the others thought he could sing.

Luke has crawled back into his shell. I'm beginning to think that he was just in a great mood before and that's how we managed a conversation. He's back to his old quiet ways. I haven't had the opportunity to ask him what he was intending to warn me about.

"Luke here can sing." Ashton shouts. "He just doesn't like singing with an audience, he's too shy, aren't you little Lukey!" Ashton coos and Luke shoots him a murderous glare, his cheeks pinking slightly.

 "Well if you're serious about becoming a band - which I think you guys are -  then I suggest you get a singer." I shrug.

 "Luke, sing for us please." Michael begs. "Me, Ash and Calum can only do backing vocals." 

Apparently the other boys voices aren't as strong as Lukes and that they need him to be their lead singer as his voice is much stronger and better.

After 10 minutes of arguing Luke finally agrees to sing and they begin the song Year 3000 again.

What I was expecting definitely wasn't what I heard. Lukes voice...it changes the whole song. It makes them sound like an actual band. In fact, he kind of sounds like an angel. Even just thinking that thought I cringe at how cheesy it sounds, but its true. He has such a clear voice.

They finish up the song and I just sit there gobsmacked.

"Okay, so how was that?" Calum asks and puts his guitar down, coming to sit next to me and slinging his arm over my shoulders. I catch Michael and Luke both glaring at him. Michael I suppose has an excuse to glare, but what on earth is Lukes?

Calum and I are just friends. Over the past few weeks, sure we've grown closer. Close enough to not feel uncomfortable when he has affectionate gestures like these anyway. I don't mind, that's just how he is. Just like how I'm fine with Ashtons obsessions on cuddles and group hugs.

"That was amazing! You guys are great when you sing! I'm sure you could get like...deals? Deals somewhere to sing at a restaurant or club or something...that's how most bands start out, right? That was really good!" Calum squeezes my shoulder slightly with his hand that's resting on it.

"See, we have potential!" Calum shouts loudly, pulling me a bit closer.

"Alright little sis, you've done your crappy job, now beat it." He inclines his head toward the door and I flip my finger up at him, making the boys laugh. I get up, detaching myself from Calum and head to the exit of the garage.

Unfortunately I don't see the guitar case lying on the floor and go flying over it. I scream a little but before I hit the floor a hand grabs my arm.

"Thanks." I say laughing and turn my head to see who caught me. Luke. But wasn't he the furthest away?

"No problem." He quickly lets go of my arm and walks back to his stool. The other boys look at him strangely, especially Calum who seems to want another one of their little stare offs.

I leave the garage but when I reach the house door I realise I forgot my sweater, I head back toward the garage and hang about outside it for a while when I hear raised voices.

"Jesus Luke, you moved over to her like Ussain Bolt! I think that's the quickest I've ever seen you move. Your usually just a couch potato or...or a snail!" Ashton laughs.

"No I never. I just seen she was about to fall." Luke snaps.

"Calm down, I was just messing with you...but you did move pretty fast."

"I'm just saying, but I swear to fucking god, if any of you have a crush on my sister-" Michael begins but is interrupted.

"I'm sure he was only catching her out of kindness. Right, Luke?" Calum says, almost demanding.

"Right." Luke grunts.

"Its not Luke that I'm worried about." Michael hisses.

There's a few moments silence and I decide to make an appearance.

"I uh, I forgot my sweater." I say quietly. The boys look up with wide eyes as they realise I'm there. Michael bends down and picks up my sweater which currently lies at Calums feet. Michael never breaks eye contact from glaring at Calum, not even as he tosses me my sweater.

"Thanks, see you guys tomorrow." I mutter, trying to act fairly normal.

"Just fuck off already." Michael shouts.

"Manners, Michael Clifford." I scold, and leave the garage.

-

Its been quite a few hours since the band practice but I cant shake out the last conversation they all had. I swear you could have cut the tension with a knife.

Sighing, I turn some music on and collapse back onto my bed. The last CD I had playing was Nirvana so it just starts off from where I left it, playing Smells Like Teen Spirit.

I cant listen to Nirvana properly anymore, by that I mean, I cant listen to them without thinking of Luke. His face pops into my brain every time I listen to them since our last conversation. Our only conversation.

I'm really curious as to why Luke is always so quiet and sulky. Its starting to get on my nerves if I'm being honest. Especially now that I know he can be quite friendly. If he's not like it usually but has been since I showed up, then it leads me to believe its something to do with me.

But then again, there's definitely something going on with him and Calum...

What did he want to warn me about?

I have too many questions and not enough answers. I don't know where my confidence has come from but I know for a fact that the next time I get Luke alone, I will question him and get my answers.

A/N ~ I hope your enjoying the story so far! This is quite a short chapter, kind of a filler, sorry!

Anyway, I wont manage to upload a chapter tomorrow and maybe not the next day either. I'll make up for it when I'm back though, I'll do a double update or something c:

I'm so glad I have readers!! 29 votes!! I'm sorry, but that's huge for me :DDD

Thank you all so much, I love you guys!!♡