Chapter42

A/N ~ I've still got no idea about the Ashton thing so tbh I'm just going to go with the flow and see where it takes me! Not making any promises, sorry guys xD

Ik, I haven't updated in ages. I'm the biggest poop to mankind. Sorry guys D:

"Are you alright?" Luke asks as I clutch onto the arms of the aeroplane chair, eyes glued to the window.

We're not yet in the air but I'm freaking the hell out. It doesn't make it any better that I've been stuck beside Luke. Ashton, Michael and Calum are seated behind us. I'm at the window seat, Luke is next to me and beside him is a stranger who keeps looking at me strangely. I don't blame the woman, I'm pretty sure I'm having an asthma attack. Can you have one of those if you don't have asthma? Of course you can't Skyler! Calm down and stop being ridiculous. Stop panicking. Oh my god there's probably a bomb on the plane...

"Skyler?" Luke asks with a frown.

"Huh? Sorry. Yeah I'm fine." I say, nodding my head vigorously and knotting my hands together.

"SKY!" Ashton screams from behind, unnecessarily loud, making me jump. I turn around and look for him in between the gap in the seats, squashing my face against them.

A moment later his face pops up on the other side, just as close as mine is and our noses are almost touching. He's grinning like a maniac, his eyes wide.

"What is it, Ash?" I ask a little impatiently.

"Are you excited?" He giggles.

"No. I'm shitting myself and you know that, now go away." I huff, turning back around.

"Turn that frown upside down!" He calls and Michael and Calum laugh. They start talking about something else and I press my forehead against the cool glass of the small window, wishing the flight was already over.

Something taps my shoulder and I turn around to see Luke.

"Here." He drops a Chupa Chup lollipop onto my palm. "If you suck on a sweet when you're on a plane it helps with your ears popping." The corner of his mouth tugs up at the side slightly. I can tell he's awkward and unsure how to be around me as I am with him.

"Thanks." I say, trying to unwrap it and fail. My hands are shaking so much that I drop it onto the floor. "Oh crap." Bending down to pick it back up I don't realise Luke is doing the same thing and we both headbutt each other.

"S-sorry I-"

"I didn't mean to-"

We both start apologising at the same time. His face has turned slightly pink and I'm sure mines is similar because I can feel it heating up. We both let out nervous laughter before I pick the still unwrapped lollipop back up.

Just as I've unwrapped it and popped it into my mouth, a sign flashes above our heads signalling seat-belts should be fastened and the air hostess comes out, doing the safety talk.

I check, double check and triple check that I'm securely strapped to my seat and I can hear Luke laughing at me. I choose to ignore it, instead fixing my attention to the air hostess.

"The exits are here, here and here." She points to the emergency exits and I take a mental note of them. Luke laughs again and I snap.

"What?"

"Nobody really listens to this you know." He says with an amused smile.

"Well if the aeroplane crashes, someone needs to know where the exits are and then that means at least I would understa- Oh great! Now I've missed how to work my life jacket because I was too busy talking to you! What if there's a bomb on this plane and we fall into the ocean and I need my life jacket to-to-" I take a deep breath, trying to compose myself.